432 S McDowell St

Your car rides a lift up to your apartment and gets attached to the side.

1 Like

Agreed. This property hasn’t even sold yet so not sure why people are freaking out.

2 Likes

Did a little research, the building is The Interlace Condominiums - Singapore.

Arrrrr Asia has almost all the really interesting modern architecture. Guess cause they do not have an architectural history holding them back. Made a leap from 10th century style right into modern.

This would be a “blow you socks off” complex if were on one the high spots in Raleigh.

Has underground parking.
|Description |Residential project comprising 23 blocks of 6/12/18/24 storey apartments with commercial use at 1st storey and communal facilities, courtyards & basement car park
|No. of Units |1,040 residential units + 8 retail shops|
|Carpark Lots |1,132 parking lots (inclusive of 10 handicapped lots) and 76 strata lots (2 lots per garden house)|

3 Likes

Looking at the photograph, I did assume the parking was underground - you can see the big road dipping down into the middle of the complex. But with out a parking plinth, how would anyone know? lol.
Thanks for the additional info @scotchman

We are aware it is simply up for sale. We are just “freaking out” over the idea of something like that getting built. I personally don’t like even the thought of it, the hint of it, the notion of it.

I like it it could be office or residential mix used building it look nice. I wonder what they’ll do with this building after the recession.

1 Like

That thing looks like one of those pillow things with arms that people use to sit up in bed.

Darn it, John, you got my hopes up that something was actually happening with this project. :smile:

1 Like

Updated renderings from CityPlat trying to market this site for either hotel or apartments.

20 floor, U-shaped 234-unit apartment concept (w/323-space parking behemoth):

15 floor, L-shaped, 168-room hotel concept:

link:
https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/uM1-YyuWNhvO9CTi_D9dqAyOP7NAHjbqW-ak586VKak/For%20Sale%20Flyer.pdf

19 Likes

Ho-tel, ho-tel, Ho-Tel!

3 Likes

I will personally be sad to see this no longer visible:

11 Likes

I hope they hire the original artist to repaint it somewhere at the retail level.

8 Likes

Maybe something?

5 Likes

Probably a pre-application submittal meeting to chat with staff about requirements / flexibility on their proposed concept. This would be a huge win. Honestly I hope they “face” the building toward Cabarrus. McDowell is crazy right there, as it’s where drivers get there first complexity coming into the city from the AutoBahn that is 401 South of South St.

1 Like

This would be a great place for a super-interesting skinny condo building…
Hoping as this progresses, they evolve the feeling of those Pooleside murals, whatever happens.
Edit : Nevermind : It’s CityPlat :cry:

This is only the brokers’ a depiction of what is possible and not anything planned but let’s all take a minute to laugh at this absurd rendering: 424-432 S McDowell St, Raleigh, NC 27601 - Land for Sale | LoopNet

I fully realize that several people will gloss over my introductory disclaimer and believe that this is what is being built.

3 Likes

That render has been floating around a few years too at this point.

But maybe this actually is something since they’ve just now submitted some ideology to city?

1 Like

I wish the city would buy the lot and add to the convention center project either a 5000 ish seat performance hall or a hockey arena.

Yeah some of those hypothetical renderings where they’ve wrapped around the Poole buildings seems ridiculous but the video on the Loopnet shows a decent hypothetical rendering. I think something like this could work on this parcel. The video said this is what 20 stories would look like on this parcel.

17 Likes

Wrapping around the Poole building seems fine to me - it’s not exactly thrilling as it is, so it’d give the block some uniqueness. Could do some height stepdowns to McDowell if people really hate the tall-short-tall vibe.

5 Likes