432 S McDowell St

Maybe it’d be different here, as it’s downtown but wrapping around the Poole restaurants reminded me of the townhome folks complaining about the height with the East End development encircling them. If anything happens here I’m sure there will be some sort of buffer space between the restaurants/hypothetical development.

Height variation and a cool design would do wonders here as this building would be in any sort of Red Hat amphitheater money shot. Upper floors would have a nice view of any concerts going on too.

1 Like

It’s a restaurant with no side windows, I’m struggling to see how this would effect it at all compared to those homes.

I think we’re just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. This is Raleigh we’re talking about, not NYC. I just don’t see a developer coming in and proposing something like that. I see something more along the lines of the first picture I posted on top of a parking podium more than anything.

I’m good either way, as long as something’s done about the McDowell parking lots. That street is a surface lot fiesta all the way up to Hargett.

2 Likes

The lot opposite that is still getting that hotel I believe.

Still holding out hope that the 10-story prison- I mean HOTEL- is abandoned and someone with some damn common sense buys it and rezones to 40

3 Likes