AC Hotel Raleigh Downtown

Hey My Friend , Site / Construction will be approved next week . Demo permits the next week after Site /
Construction approval . After that building permits approved . SR-96-17 .

12 Likes

Wow you are awesome. Thanks for the good news!

2 Likes

You are welcome ! Just blessed to have such a good friend with contacts .

6 Likes

Demolition has begun. A 1/4 of the first building has already been torn down. I will try and get a photo when I go back out later.

10 Likes

@nipper.dwight, what’s up with the info, bro? Actual demo before demo permits? LOL

Love the activity! I’ll take action before it’s expected ANY DAY! :raised_hands:t3:

4 Likes

Wow, maybe the city is starting to clear their backlog and this got approved early! I’ll be downtown in a couple hours for the Night Market. I’ll take a pic if JKK doesn’t beat me to it :wink:

5 Likes

I don’t know either . But , same here , hope this happens with DowntownSouth .

4 Likes

Best photo I could get when driving.

8 Likes

Maybe the building just had an “accident” deez things happen. Ayyyyimage

15 Likes

@GucciLittlePig, you lose.

5 Likes

I’m sharing mine anyways. Got a bonus of the new Dram and Draught in the Bloc 83 thread too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12 Likes

I found out the reason . Switched computer systems , not a smooth transition !

3 Likes

I saw on the city’s new system that various permits were applied for yesterday. I couldn’t tell if one of these was a building permit. But, things are moving along.

2 Likes

Is there public access to this new system? I may have to quit my job and just read this forum, research DTR development for the rest of my life if so. lol

5 Likes

ME FIRST!!! :+1::grin::hugs:

2 Likes

ahhhhh I love the smell of demolition in the morning

2 Likes

There is no public access to the software .

I was able to create an account, but you can look at some things as a guest. Right now, the site is not fully functional and you need to know either the file number or the exact address they are using for the project. That’s a pain because the addresses tend to change between site plan submittal and building permit submittal.
I used to be able to search by street name and then look through the various files. That function seems to have disappeared.:ear_of_rice::frowning:

Wow, wrong emojis. My bad.

1 Like

Current state of demo:

View of the hotel lot looking at One Glenwood/Warehouse District area.

17 Likes