AC Hotel Raleigh Downtown

Fantastic pics! Really puts it into perspective. Love the progress (finally…)

7 Likes

Just curious, how many floors is the Willard Hotel going to be ??

I thought that it was 7 at one time. Not so sure anymore.

1 Like

Sure looks like 7 in their updated rendering (the one with the top 2 floors being condos is outdated, this was what they put out after that decision).

6 Likes

Yeah, how do we monetize our participation??? :wink:

3 Likes

Last building (I think) mostly down

6 Likes

Terrestrial image. Structure is completely down. Now just cleanup and ground prep.

Full Res

11 Likes

An interesting read…

Can’t figure out to embed the Facebook post directly here and it show up so you gotta click. It talks of the history of this house that is/was demo’d the other day.

Nice catch. The post is about a house that was moved from the present-day Char-Grill lot directly north to Willard. I don’t think that house is part of the Willard Hotel property, but maybe I’m wrong?

I lived across from this house in a quad apartment building for almost 5 years. We had very easy access to Char-Grill from the shared drive.

I think the house that is referred to as being demoed is on the south side of Hillsborough and part of the Block 83 development.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if they have plans to actively begin construction? Or are they just going to leave us with a vacant lot for months to years?

1 Like

@nipper.dwight, any new info on this block?

My friend will check on this next week .

3 Likes

There is not any new information on The Willard currently Dylan .

4 Likes

The building permit is still under review. It looks like the last review was rejected on 8/23.

1 Like

That’s weird. I wonder why…

no affordable housing, probably…

4 Likes

You really wonder why?

It could be something as stupid as having something incorrect on the building code summary sheet or something bad like not having two exits out of a room with 50 or more people.

Lol yes. I am sad this keeps getting delayed. I like AC hotels and their bars. I thought it was just held up in the backlog of normal building permits with the city. I hope it’s something mundane and can be fixed soon.

1 Like

The Willard failed another building permit review. It looks like everything is good to go except for the building itself. All of the site and PME permits are ready to be issued. I honestly don’t know how an architecture firm can screw it up this much.

7 Likes