Apartment Madness

well I feel good that I picked the majority leaders so far in 80% of the matchups haha

4 Likes

Whoever didn’t vote for the Dillion, care to share why? Just curious!

4 Likes

I have not been voting and cannot speak for whoever did. One thing I think is interesting is that lots of regulation and planning commission feedback on projects like this has been that it is better to have articulation and changes of material type. I think the idea is to get away from blank monotheamatic walls. But, that actually encourages the design in the apartment on Morgan instead of the Dillons design which is more like a flat surface warehouse (which ends up looking classic and better).

1 Like

I didn’t choose the Dillon. Although I love the Dillion office portion, the apartments just look kind of bland to me.

4 Likes

My citywide data is from last year, so I guess that one did not make it.

Yeah, but it’s there & it’s open. Why not add it in now before the next round?

Alright, vote for you favorite!

• The L Apartment
  • The Line Apartment

0 voters

This is the L

The Line Apartment

8 Likes

Thank You!! :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

5 Likes

Sojourn’s future neighbor looks promising. Not trying too hard with the material palette or “articulation”:

7 Likes

OH my god what a breath of fresh air. Just one dark colored brick for almost the entire facade- WHO KNEW IT COULD BE POSSIBLE??? :rofl: Looks so much cleaner and so much less tacky than 95% of 5-over-1s we get around here.

8 Likes

Grubb has a good vibe to their stuff…

2 Likes

I voted for 927 West Morgan. Nothing against the Dillon. My vote was more in support of the use of colors you don’t typically see with these apartment buildings. It has a unique flair to it. More architects should be unafraid to use bold colors, different colors.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t particularly like the design or that green. But the fact the building has colors other than shades of beige gets my vote of approval.

9 Likes

Does the L even have any ground floor retail? Every time I drive past it it looks completely vacant with the gravel exposed.

1 Like

There’s a few places. A barber shop, a tattoo parlor, and maybe an upscale men’s clothing store. All of those are facing McDowell, though, and I believe the Davie St. spaces are empty.

2 Likes

I have closed the round 1 voting and we will be starting round 2 (of the winners) shortly. I will seed apartments based on the percentage win they had in the last round. Because there are 9 winners the top vote getting will have a kind of bi-round where it will go head to head with the lowest vote getting winner from this round. That number one seed with 97% of the votes in the last round was The Edison Apartments.

ROUND 2!

1 Like

Vote for the apartment you like the most!

• #2. The Berkshire Cameron Village
  • #11. The Gramercy

0 voters

This is the Berkshire Cameron Village

This is The Gramercy

Vote for the apartment you like the most!

• #3. The Line
  • #10 Camden Carolina

0 voters

This is The Line

This is Camden Carolina

Vote for the Apartment you like the most!

• #4 The Dillon
  • #9 St. Mary’s Square

0 voters

This is the Dillon Apartments

This is St. Mary’s Square

Vote for your favorite apartment

• #5. 712 Tucker
  • #8. Elan Apartments

0 voters

This is 712 Tucker

This is the Elan Apartments

Vote for your favorite apartment! The Rumble on Oberlin!

• #6. 401 Oberlin
  • #7. Oberlin Court

0 voters

This is 401 Oberlin

This is Oberlin Court