Apartment Madness

Okay, going to start a losers round 2 as well. This one should be interesting. Vote for the ones you like the most again, but the loser will progress :).

The biggest loser was 616 at the Village! who will get a semi-bi round like the biggest winner.

Vote for your favorite apartment!

• The Manor at Six Forks
  • The Link Apartments

0 voters

This is the Manor at Six Forks

This is the Link Apartments

2 Likes

• The L Apartments
  • Trilogy Cameron Village

0 voters

This is the L Apartments

This is Trilogy Cameron Village ( I could not find many pictures of this one)

• 927 West Morgan
  • The Metropolitan

0 voters

This is 927 West Morgan

This is the Metropolitan

1 Like

• The Lincoln
  • 800 St. Mary’s

0 voters

This is the Lincoln

This is 800 St. Mary’s

• Soujurn Glenwood Plaza
  • Revisn

0 voters

This is Soujurn Glenwood Plaza

This is Revisn

Starting Round 3 of the winners Bracket. I think these will start to become tougher decisions, but we will see!

1 Like

Vote for your favorite apartment

• The Edison
  • 401 Oberlin

0 voters

This is the Edison

This is 401 Oberlin

Vote for your favorite apartment

• The Berkshire Cameron Village
  • Elan Apartments

0 voters

This is the Berkshire

This is the Elan Apartments

• The Line
  • The Dillon

0 voters

This is the Line

This is the Dillon

The Line vs. The Dillon is the most difficult vote IMO.
Both have access to grocers (Publix/Weaver St.). Both are mixed use with an office component. Both have access to a growing district around them.
I voted The Line because of the nature of its ground level engagement being public on both the internal “hollow” of the site, and the external perimeter of it. The Line feels more human scaled to me because it isn’t sited as a giant block-hogging entity. The Line also nods to the its adjacent neighbors to the west with the way the foot traffic is encouraged.

6 Likes

I believe we were supposed to take location out of the mix. I thought we were going off design of the apartments alone being the 5x1 discussion.

I’m not sure if the Line is staying gray, but overall I prefer the brick look of the Dillon. I’m not giving points to the Line for being next to the office because it’s a completely different building. It’s the same that I’m not giving the Dillon extra points for its office building.

3 Likes

I looked back through the thread, and it’s not clear that there is anything specific that narrows how you are supposed to vote.
That said, my comments are mostly design related since design is about how a problem is solved; it’s not just about aesthetics.

1 Like

I voted for the Line because it looks likes they have real balconies, whereas the Dillon looks like they are 6 inchs wide, lol.
Berkshire got my vote for the ground floor arcade, big fan of those here.
401 got my vote because the central tower actually comes to the ground, and the Edison’s seems to float. But that was really tough.
I did not really consider location because I don’t know the areas that well any more.

1 Like

The location, so what it is near, is the only thing I would take out of it. So that way voting is purely based on what it is in the building and/or what it looks like. I think of it as what the developer built vs what another developer built. I guess the type of retail or mixed use in something might seem like a location advantage, but I am okay with that.

This one suprised me. I expected the Metropolitan to win easily.

The other one didn’t catch on fire and burn half of downtown…

5 Likes

Well, it did not burn half of downtown, but, a building in 927 West Morgan did catch fire! When I lived on Ashe avenue I remember them cleaning it up for a year or so.

Street view from 2013 shows some clean up going on

Fair point though.

2 Likes

They are all pretty awful. Revisn being the worst building I have ever seen in my life. The Dillon is the only one with any architectural interest at all.

1 Like

All the Hillsborough St ones didn’t make the cut?

• “Signature 1505”
  • Stanhope
  • “unCommon”
  • “The Standard”
3 Likes