Bike Lanes in and around DTR

Well today I was surprised twice on my way home.

I guess I’ve been lucky going through Meredith College on my way home after work. Today was the first day I ran into the locked gate at Meredith College at 5:30PM. I’d understand if it was 8-9PM, but 5:30PM is just after work lets out. I was annoyed because now that meant me sitting in the red light traffic on Faircloth St unless I used the sidewalk. I used the sidewalk on Peace Street this morning due to no bike lanes East of Capital. One lane was closed heading east. I wanted to get a look at the progress of Seaboard Station and it’s quicker going this way so I can get on Salisbury St and not have many stop signs to deal with.

@Brian @JonathanMelton Are either of you aware of any updates on the Faircloth Rd cycle track (link)? The project states it’s being constructed in 2022, but there is no visual indication of any construction happening.

Closed gate at Meredith College at 5:30PM.

My second surprise came in at Crabtree Creek Trail and 440 intersection. This intersection is now closed for the second time this year and this section of the trail is now closed for the 5th time in 3 years. This stuff was literally just put up today so I definitely use this trail a ton. It also looks like it’s going to be closed until next July :-1:.

Bonus photo from Fayetteville St. during Illuminate tonight. I think it officially starts tomorrow, but I ran into it when I started biking home.

4 Likes