Bloc 83 - One Glenwood, Two Hillsborough, and Phase 3

I’m honestly glad they didn’t choose that location. That space facing the courtyard has the potential to be such a cool concept, and First Watch doesn’t excite me all that much. So I’m glad it’s saved for another concept haha.

3 Likes

Appears they’d have more patio space facing the courtyard than the street side

Since they are only a daytime operation, I’m glad that they didn’t take the other corner. I wouldn’t want that corner to be dead at night.

7 Likes

I meant to edit my comment and say a lot of indoor with some outdoor space.

1 Like

Fair point there. Didn’t think about that part. Was thinking about the courtyard human interaction. But as long as it’s a restaurant and not like a store I think it’ll be a win. Hopefully they pick up leasing soon.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Char Grill block rezoning

I can’t help but wonder if Dram and Draught would have relocated to the plaza side had both building been built at the same time.

13 Likes

321 Coffee looks like it’s getting pretty close to completion

11 Likes

RALToday newsletter says 321 coffee is opening up in August. Looking at @atl_transplant ’s post above I wish something else was in one of those courtyard spaces too but hopefully they’ll get some new tenets soon.

17 Likes

I saw people in there in line and drinking coffee just the other day so maybe they did a soft launch before the grand opening or maybe they’re already open for business

6 Likes

This might be a stretch, but maybe they were employees doing sampling of the product, or something?

Looking ready to be open. Also interested about this property in the corner. That will be First Watch, right?

31 Likes

Here’s what was shared in June in reference to the tenets.

10 Likes

So yeah this all lines up. Glad to see the progress being made on the existing tenant sites but would really like to see the rest filled in.

5 Likes

I love that the Yoga place only used a portion of what I assume was an optional full space, leaving a smaller 1600 sq. foot retail space available

1 Like

FYI, 321 Coffee is doing a “sneak peek event” with Offline Raleigh on Aug 13, 9a-1p. You have to be an Offline Member for a chance to attend (and get free stuff).

Referral link: Offline - 👋 Meet Raleigh's Restaurant Club

So, probably safe to assume they’re open for business after that, maybe also leading up to it.

9 Likes

321 Coffee grand opening is officially Saturday, August 20th!

15 Likes

I think that calls for a bonus morning meetup!

5 Likes

If it’s on a Saturday we’d totally go. Also, the Kirby Derby is that afternoon in Dix Park.

7 Likes

I return to Raleigh on the Thursday just prior to that weekend. Let’s make this happen!