Bloc 83 - One Glenwood, Two Hillsborough, and Phase 3

When does phase three starts construction 18 stories

2 Likes

They recently made an announcement that there was some construction delays. Originally was hoping to open late spring, now they’re shooting for late summer. But I walked by yesterday. Looks like a good majority of their electrical work was done and that they had just received their shipment of cabinets.

4 Likes

Yeah I’ll echo this. Definitely seemed to be making a lot of progress. It’s a real small space so I can’t imagine once they get everything they need it will take terribly long.

2 Likes

That’s what I like upscale.

Retail/restaurant spot possibly starting construction on their space :thinking:

25 Likes

I wonder if this is the reported First Watch that’s going into Bloc 83.

4 Likes

Here’s the leasing spot update from CBRE

21 Likes

Those bigger spots would be ideal for a franchised fast casual shop. I mean First Watch is one.

Personally I would kill for some moderately priced Hawaiian BBQ joint, even if franchised.

This one below is popular on the West Coast but they already mentioned they’re not ready for this region yet.

3 Likes

When does construction starts on 18 stories tower building

2 Likes

Unsure. I’m thinking early next year.

Looking at this, looks like First Watch is the one starting construction.

6 Likes

I bet First Watch crushes it in that location. It’s actually a very solid chain from my experience

8 Likes

Correct.
I’m sure they had their reasons but if I were them I would have chosen the other corner facing the courtyard.

4 Likes

I think they decided with that location because they draw in a lot of people and need outdoor seating. All of their locations that I’ve been to have been packed.

2 Likes

I’m honestly glad they didn’t choose that location. That space facing the courtyard has the potential to be such a cool concept, and First Watch doesn’t excite me all that much. So I’m glad it’s saved for another concept haha.

3 Likes

Appears they’d have more patio space facing the courtyard than the street side

Since they are only a daytime operation, I’m glad that they didn’t take the other corner. I wouldn’t want that corner to be dead at night.

7 Likes

I meant to edit my comment and say a lot of indoor with some outdoor space.

1 Like

Fair point there. Didn’t think about that part. Was thinking about the courtyard human interaction. But as long as it’s a restaurant and not like a store I think it’ll be a win. Hopefully they pick up leasing soon.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Char Grill block rezoning