Bloc 83 - One Glenwood, Two Hillsborough, and Phase 3

It also speaks to price per sqft. That $40/sqft. number we’ve seen recently, that’s for Class A space. Class C space, from what I’ve seen, is typically the strip mall type office buildings. Often times seen in Morrisville as well as pretty much the only type of office space in locals such as Garner. Idk what Class B is, probably something that was Class A but the building is old now. I really can’t think of an example because most buildings will renovate before that point.

1 Like

The First Union/Wachovia/Wells Fargo building recently announce (or is doing so as the the Fayetteville St entrance being blocked suggests) a renovation of vacant interior space to do what you are suggesting from what I could tell…take stuff that was slipping to A-/B+ and get it back to A.

2 Likes

I get my own bonus points

https://app.oxblue.com/open/heritage/bloc83

13 Likes

Thanks for the constructionCam link!
The time lapse shows a nice movie of the demo of the building on the site. Gosh how long has that building been there…

2 Likes

More bonus points available for finding the link to SmoHo2.

5 Likes

Current state:

11 Likes

Wow the webcam shows that building disappearing in less than 2 hours time. Amazing. Seems like I’ll be missing Dram and Draught’s demise

I just hate that we are losing that little deco gas station.

3 Likes

And there it goes…

7 Likes

Bye-bye ole one-story stuff. Hello 10 story density. And a cool outdoor food court thing.

15 Likes

Just an observation but the two container vendor spaces outside of Morgan Street FH have always been empty am I right?

Do we think this may show signs of trouble for landing renters for the containers at bloc 83?

4 Likes

I have a full video of one of the houses next to Cup a Joe coming down, which also took about 2 minutes.

I believe they were serving drinks out of one (maybe both) of them the last time I was there.

1 Like

Interesting concern Leo. That said, I suppose that it depends on how much space there is for other similar businesses. MSFH had options for vendors that was more desirable in the main hall, while this plaza may not have any, or as many.

I thought one was/had a Raleigh Raw sign up in the very beginning. I have a 10% confidence in that statement.

They still use one of them on Sundays to serve mimosas.

1 Like

They did but they didn’t make enough money since they have their store just down the road.

Were you across the street at Char-Gril?

No I’m talking about the three houses that came down for the Unknown at Daisy and Hillsborough St. I get coffee at Cup a Joe everyday and came up right when the first house was coming down.

1 Like

Stared out over the latest demolition tonight while enjoying a steak junior.

14 Likes