Bloc 83 - One Glenwood, Two Hillsborough, and Phase 3

At Dram and Draught now. They said they estimate 3-4 weeks until they move, and it sounds like demolition is imminent once they do. Especially since the other buildings are all vacant now

8 Likes

I forgot there was a different thread for the Phase 2 of this block. Current state:

10 Likes

Maybe we should have a merger.

Here’s an update from one of the developers, Trinity Partners, on the site prep for the 2nd tower and the new garage.

Check the price tag: Tower Two at Bloc[83] is a $108-million, 10-story, Class-A office building totaling 271,500 SF, including 30,000 SF of street-level retail and a 665-space parking garage.

`

“Tower Two will add to Bloc[83]’s significant footprint, creating nearly 500,000 SF of office, retail, dining, and a highly amenitized urban courtyard in one of the country’s fastest-growing metropolitan areas. We’re thrilled to continue to be a part of this project and downtown Raleigh’s bright future.”

`

7 Likes

This is 5 months old, but I’m just seeing it for the first time today.

Link to video if you want to view it fullscreen.

6 Likes

Best line is the first one from paragraph 4, “financing se ured”

4 Likes

Not sure if it is legit, but paragraph 4 says they “plan to make major tenant announcements later this summer.”

I wonder if they are close to a deal with a large user.

3 Likes

I bet it’s WeWork. I believe they’re already full in One Glenwood.

2 Likes

I love how @Francisco called WeWork “building herpes”.

Please let it be us!!! We gotta get out of MorrisHell and all the jet noise.

2 Likes

I noticed lights on in the building closest to One Glenwood from the Morgan side of the block last night walking back from Calaveras. I thought with the aggressive demo they did on D2 that they were ready to start knocking it all down. Doesn’t look like it quite yet.

1 Like

I haven’t paid much attention to this detail, but are all the offices going up Class A? Is there a higher class? If this is the top of the charts, and they are spending all this money, it certainly would suggest they’ve landed a good size fish. If this is what everyone is building, well then it doesn’t mean much. lol

1 Like

I’m gonna be checking out this area again tonight. Curious to see how it’s going.

Btw thanks for all the great pics, they’ve been awesome!!

1 Like

They weren’t kidding about demolition being imminent!

7 Likes

That building had some of the construction site offices in it. Probably still does even I see some has moved over to retail space in One Glenwood.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s an actual strict definition, and the age of the building is generally a factor when designating Class A/B/C. So it seems to me that all new office space built in or near downtown is going to call itself Class A, just like all new apartment complexes call themselves luxury, because they’re new.

2 Likes

Perhaps class A office space and luxury apartments can both be translated as “on trend” regarding style and amenities. Nothing special, just following what’s hot in those sectors.

1 Like

Gotcha ya. so we shouldn’t read too much into this, its actually the expected standard. I appreciate the clarification @Mitch & @evan.j.bost

Nice view of the demolition. That eyesore is finally almost gone forever!

Also, there’s a new webcam set up to watch the progress. Bonus points to anyone who can find a link for it if/when it is live. :wink:

9 Likes

My guess is it’ll be either here:

Or here:

3 Likes