Bloc 83 - One Glenwood, Two Hillsborough, and Phase 3

It’s always cool when someone defaces someone else’s property. It will look just as cool on the two towers, can’t wait.

2 Likes

Do we need to be high to figure out what the heck that is?

1 Like

:rofl: Maybe being “socially distanced” is getting to me, but I see something sexual in that after looking at it a while. :innocent:

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

24 Likes

24 Likes

I thought this from the renderings, but now I think it’s being confirmed, but building 2 is gonna look way cooler than building 1. I know @Mark and some others will disagree with me :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s that parking deck I have a major problem with.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think anyone is excited about that… I mean it might be good for a parking deck but…it’s a parking deck. A huge, oddly out of scale parking deck

1 Like

I knew in my head that 9 stories was big, but damn, in Person it just looks like the biggest recent epic failure around here.

Nice shots, :camera:

2 Likes

It is pretty insane in person for sure. I guess we’ll get used to it?

Photos from a recent walk. Yes, that deck will take some getting used to. It’s like they through out any mention of a setback with that deck, built it as efficiently as possible. Seeing the parking go up for nearby 301 Hillsborough, it’s just wild how much we accommodate cars into development and how we’re just so used to it.

25 Likes

To be honest, the pictures do not capture the size of this deck. It catches you off guard when you see it in person.

3 Likes

LOL, I don’t know… that last picture does a pretty good job in my opinion!

I can almost see that apartment building with a construction fence around it, getting demolished now… Someday if this is more of a downtown scale area, it will fit in, I guess.

2 Likes

Also, I saw they’ve dug out the spot for the foundation of one of the two small buildings in the courtyard, the “Cafe” in the first rendering. I just realized the second rendering shows the other small building being basically attached to One Glenwood!

19 Likes

I feel bad for the people who live there, such a cool location and now they are just squashed up against a 90 foot concrete wall.

12 Likes

That last pic really does bring home how big that deck is. I feel super bad for the folks living in that building.

6 Likes

Maybe because we have 241 million cars in the United States.

1 Like

from the renderings it seems like it’s going to be screened in/window-dressed pretty well (or as well as could be), but at the end of the day — lipstick on a pig :frowning:

1 Like

Only on 2 or maybe 3 sides tho I think. I feel like they’re planning for the low-rise buildings to be replaced with taller buildings

1 Like