Bloc 83 - One Glenwood, Two Hillsborough, and Phase 3

Sunrise pic of our S Glenwood construction from the rooftop of the West.

26 Likes

That is dope!!! Awesome shot

3 Likes

I like seeing the little buildings getting started in the courtyard. If you look closely, you can see me in my blue shirt coming back from inspecting them tonight. If you look really closely, you can see my girlfriend patiently waiting for me closer to the sidewalk.

8 Likes

Is this like a Where’s Waldo? sort of thing?

1 Like

The Downtown Raleigh Alliance is having a virtual tour of Bloc 83 led by Ryan Blair, Vice President of Development and Acquisitions at Heritage Properties. Blair will share about the history, design, construction, features and stories behind the tenants at One Glenwood. He’ll also provide information about Bloc83, next to One Glenwood, as construction continues on the project.

There will be Q/A as well.

Thursday, May 28 from 4-5p

Register Here

6 Likes

Already did. Forgot to post here tho. I guess I need figure out Zoom before next Thursday…

1 Like

27 Likes

Joined the virtual tour today. They mentioned the courtyard is the last piece to be finished, and they expect it to be done in February 2021, but Boylan to open in December. Also, they have a phase 3 planned for the Moonlight Pizza block next to Origin Hotel that’s going for rezoning soon.

I noticed in this new rendering there’s not a lot of screening on the deck, but the speaker did mention having screening on the street sides, and the glass elevator.

22 Likes

Also liked this picture where Glenwood Ave hadn’t extended past Hillsborough St yet.

18 Likes

You guys didn’t steel all my screenshots. LOL

9 Likes

I had a work call and missed the first half of the tour. Did they mention potential uses and/or height on the rezoning?

Also, i thought it was interesting that they mentioned they had been seeing a lot of interest from financial companies and ancillary companies in the finance industry. I don’t think of that as a strength in Raleigh’s economy.

Was there any mention of any changes due to COVID-19 other than construction safety at the end?

1 Like

They didn’t say anything else I don’t believe about the zoning height or building purpose, but they did say it was recorded for people to view again later.

They said they so far haven’t been impacted by covid-19 from a schedule delay. Just that they’ve been working on safety measures for their workers and realize the appeal of outdoor amenities.

4 Likes

There was no details on the rezoning and their chat wasn’t set up for Q/A otherwise you can bet the people from this forum would have asked.

1 Like

I can at least appreciate the glass corner of the parking deck. Screening would still be nice to at least help me pretend it’s not just 9 damn stories of parking. Looks like lots of retail space, that’s cool. I am wondering what the darker blue space on the Boylan side of the deck is ? Seems to indicate it will not be retail. Hoping the rezoning for Phase 3 is for more height, but even if they just go 20 stories, they don’t have the stupid height limit anymore so we can cross our fingers for more height variation regardless. And hopefully the lot behind the Origin parking deck (Facing Hargett) will be Phase 4.

5 Likes

I agree with all those thoughts, and also am curious about the darker blue space being something other than retail.

tower two looks SO MUCH better than one glenwood.

8 Likes

I see on one of the plots they label area south of 83-2 next to hotel/deck as phase 3. Maybe I missed it but do not think have see that before, even though it was been prophesied on here a lot.

Phase 3 should at least have two 20 story buildings

1 Like

Swimming pool, for sure

2 Likes

Don’t think that block is big enough for 2 buildings based on the first two they built. I would guess another 10 story building which at this point I’m ok with.

1 Like