Bloc 83 - One Glenwood, Two Hillsborough, and Phase 3

Behind the hotel/parking deck. Future Phase IV? :office:

2 Likes

I figured that poor little apartment building would have been swallowed next.

1 Like

They have office and hotel, plus tons of parking… I am crossing my fingers that Phase III will be at least partially residential as a transition into the neighborhood.

And yes, the lower section of the property behind the Origin deck is begging for Phase IV :slight_smile: Back in the day when I did a Phase I/Phase II on that property (Shelton’s Furniture) for a different developer, I got a little tripped up because the back part of the same property was listed as a different address in a few of the materials I reviewed.

5 Likes

It’s DX-7 today, and given it’s proximity to residential/neighborhood I doubt they’ll get more than 7 (IMO), so they’re probably just rezoning for the use of the lot, not necessarily height.

3 Likes

For anyone who missed it, it’s on YouTube now.

9 Likes

Damn- I hope for at least another 10 story, but 20 would be amazing if they can

Can’t they build pretty much most typical office, residential, hotel, and mixed-uses with DX? Entire block to the west is zoned OX-7-UL (office mixed use, 7 floors). Can’t seem to think why the Phase 3 site couldn’t go higher.

1 Like

What a great photo, thanks for including it!!
And look y’all! We can see our old friend the Wye Silo in the background!! It looks if not new, at least useful and cared for. Poor guy, gone to his reward now.

2 Likes

It would be cool to see them carry the courtyard over to phase 3 & Orgin/deck area. Though it appears that they might not own the whole block. He awesome if it extended back to Hargett, you’d get the start of a great transition from Warehouse to Hillsboro then on to GlenSou

1 Like

Some nice work today on the courtyard café!

16 Likes

They may have the biggest TV in town there in what they’re calling Raleigh’s largest urban courtyard.

11 Likes

…or screen…?

Thank you for the picture!

1 Like

Maybe the first public hologram projection display!

2 Likes

Cool render - but they left something out!

18 Likes

That parking deck you see is not really there. :rofl:

7 Likes

We are definitely going to need a parking garage emoji.

5 Likes

:parking: + :building_construction: = ?

7 Likes

Or :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :red_car:+ :parking:+ :building_construction:

12 Likes

Look to be testing out the garage covering.

14 Likes

Can we just make the entire garage a chia pet?

10 Likes