Bloc 83 - One Glenwood, Two Hillsborough, and Phase 3

Thankfully it’s a short block in the N/S direction.

1 Like

This parking deck turned out better than I thought it would.

16 Likes

Yeah it honestly looks nicer at night when it’s lit up

We’ve talked about this before, but I wish that the Hillsborough facade was more pleasing. It’s a real dog IMO.

4 Likes

I do gotta say I love how Tower 2 has turned out. It’s just a box. But it’s one sleek looking building. The wood trim or whatever that is they put on, looks awesome.

5 Likes

i wonder if the wood trim is still going to have this blue accent lighting at night.

11 Likes

I forgot what a short block it is. Also, the developers clearly want to push people to walk through their courtyard - I would think - rather than around it.

2 Likes

I hope so! Would look nice next to the lights on the One Glenwood building.

The courtyard is taking shape a bit more.

17 Likes

It would be nice if a developer continued the pedestrian street across the street and put an apartment complex over there

8 Likes

As long as they leave CharGrill in that courtyard like Square Burger is inside of Moore Square, I’m all for that idea.

7 Likes

I can see it from my window now, its lit up but it looks like white across the top and maybe red/orange down the side? This is the first night I have noticed it lit up.

2 Likes

Interesting!

15 Likes

Sorry, not trying to be @OakCityDylan with terrible, repetitive pictures, but this looks pretty good from the ground. Hopeful now for the lights in the big rectangle featured in the renderings.

Side note, did my civic duty and shopped local at Deco and got a drink (outside :cold_face:) at Dram and Draught. Downtown is looking pretty festive even on a dreary day like this.

25 Likes

Sorry, walked around and realized the Hillsborough side actually does have lights in the rectangle too!

I swear I’m done posting in this thread for now!

35 Likes

These all look the same.
:roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Another angle

15 Likes

Hold my beer. I’m going for another angle, pronto!

7 Likes

How about hold your eggnog?

5 Likes

Not breaking that open until we’re in the new place/Christmas!

2 Likes