Bloc 83 - One Glenwood, Two Hillsborough, and Phase 3

If it’s 20 with the new changes to the zoning (unlimited height), then it could be taller than 301H.

1 Like

The proposal includes a condition to limit the height to 18 stories but could very likely look taller than 301H.

6 Likes

Why why why why why why did they do that

1 Like

I don’t think CC can approve a rezoning without a PH?

2 Likes

Oh, really? If that’s the case, that makes sense. I didn’t realize.

But 18 floors at a nominal 15 feet each is still 270 feet, and already taller than 301H. This doesn’t even count that the first floor is likely taller, and that there is some sort of penthouse/rooftop crown that could push the building to rival FNB on Fayetteville St. One can still hope that it would be significant.

7 Likes

Boylan has been repaved and initial lines painted…

25 Likes

Indeed that is nice but I want more more more vertical height John, now is the time to do it. Good info though.

Now is actually not the time but I do agree we do need more vertical height

1 Like

I was looking at 301 H coming up by Duke hospital and 301 really looked glorious. I think that a nice new monster high rise in that area will be so amazing and a huge ground breaker so I wish they would go 350 to 400ft, it would be killer.

3 Likes

Now may not be the time to dump commercial RE space on the market, but it might be a good time for a high rise condo building.

6 Likes

Maybe so but I think buyers are getting cautious about buying homes with close proximity to others

Boylan getting closer to open!

21 Likes

Nice utilitarian looking st

2 Likes

Look at those massive trees! :wink: :deciduous_tree:
I will say that I am a big fan of those types of streetlights.

9 Likes

I like wide sidewalks.

8 Likes

Just those trees just have to grow on you.

4 Likes

It does look, from this picture, like this block with be parking deck entrances, loading docks and mechanical. While the sidewalk width, lights & junior trees all look good, its not going to be much of a pleasant walk. Am I wrong here? Is there some sort of retail/building entrances that will make this more then a car driven dead zone to walk through?

3 Likes

I think there should ground floor retail on this street for the office building, in the last section closest to Hillsborough Street?

1 Like

That does look like retail on the corner. Also an exit from the parking deck and entrance to the building, but both close to Hillsborough. So there were will be some cross traffic.