Bloc 83 - One Glenwood, Two Hillsborough, and Phase 3

Jan 19 council meeting.

http://go.boarddocs.com/nc/raleigh/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=BWZJGM4CC722

7 Likes

So this should be the final approval they need?

I think it might just be the trim above the retail spaces. Took these today. The courtyard is looking pretty nice in person (click for higher res, but not sure if the pics through the fence do it much justice).

21 Likes

They did add a piece or two since the last post of the garage. Post 873. But I think you’re right unfortunately :frowning:

A couple more for good measure.

31 Likes

Link from Instagram showing the deck construction:

12 Likes

Not really a shocker, but the next phase of Bloc83 was approved for up to 18 stories by city council.
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2021/01/20/raleigh-council-bloc83-heritage-properties-rezone.html

12 Likes

The Raleigh Wire says PC recommends approval and there’s a neighborhood meeting. I think this is only past the Planning Commission.

"The latest building as part of a development in Glenwood South took a big step forward Tuesday when the Raleigh City Council approved a rezoning to allow for the development of an 18-story mixed-use tower.

Council voted unanimously to approve the rezoning for Maryland developer Heritage Properties’ tower for phase of its Bloc83 project, calling for 18 stories of office and structured parking over ground-level retail."

But then again, it is TBJ, so it may be incorrect…

3 Likes

Hrm. Conflicting info, but that would be a big miss for TBJ. I’m certain I’m missing something and they’re right.

The way I read the wire posting (above)… City Council 1-19-21 (yesterday), Planning Commission recommends approval, Neighborhood meeting held 9-3-20.

1 Like

“The tower could have up to 277 residential units, 221,000 square feet of office space and 21,000 square feet of retail” all within 18 stories??? How large is this lot?

Ah. Yes. That makes sense.

They also say 6 floors of parking above ground level retail followed by 11 stories of office. It think it may be an either office or residential kind of a situation. Then again, maybe they will surprise us. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I watched the meeting yesterday and this was approved. The Wire update came before the meeting and was an update to the plan URL. I assume it will be updated again in the next day or two.

2 Likes

Either that, or the apartments create a new definition of tiny.

2 Likes

So, over/under on when this next building starts?? They’ve moved FAST since the whole project started.

2 Likes

I was wondering that too. Maybe the frame shop and yoga place have heard something? I guess they have to design the building and get demo and building permits first tho…

1 Like

Weird that the Raleigh Wire feed hasn’t updated this yet, a week later.

1 Like

Good catch. I don’t see this case on the zoning requests page at the moment, therefore, the bot can’t scrape it. :confused: