Bloc 83 - One Glenwood, Two Hillsborough, and Phase 3

Did i miss something or is there another new name

6 Likes

Looks like Marriott’s site has it listed as The Casso, but the website for Hotel 83 Raleigh is still alive and well. No clue what’s going on here.

2 Likes

I saw the Casso branding when I parked there on Tuesday. Hadn’t noticed it before.

Uhh…I actually didn’t mind Hotel 83, but not sure about The Casso.

A quick search shows “Casso” either calling back to this hotel, or the following Wiki link about an American mobster in the Lucchese crime family.

8 Likes

C’mon, the poor guy just died recently. Is it too much to ask that we name one of our many Marriotts after him? I thought we wanted more unique names for our downtown buildings.

:joy:

2 Likes

This is hilarious lol, small world, I actually knew this man due to my career choice lol, I can say he definitely would have not allowed use of the name if he had a say.

3 Likes

@ralboi919 I need this little job done, see… needs to be done right. No loose ends… Capisch?

1 Like

Fuggedaboutit !!!
:it:

Baguettaboutit!
:baguette_bread:

(sorry, I’ll see myself out…)

3 Likes

I would prefer they call it the Hotel Artery as soon as possible…

4 Likes

Lol, I’m on law and justice side of the job lol :laughing:

1 Like

Really well attended grand opening of 321 Coffee!!! Especially considering the weather wasn’t optimal.

39 Likes

How awesome is to see that plaza so full?

18 Likes

Wow. Our meetup page is really popular!!! :wink:

10 Likes

I walk through there often and always think that it will be a very popular plaza once everything is opened up and the offices are more leased. It’s nicely done.

13 Likes

This is the most “Raleigh” statement of all time.

1 Like

There’s a TBJ article on this now…

The permanent name was chosen as a tribute to Raleigh’s history – Casso’s Inn was one of Raleigh’s largest and most popular hotels in the 1700s and 1800s. The inn was located in the Mordecai Historic Park area and is believed to be the birthplace of President Andrew Johnson.

Also see reference in our very own forum to a post by @dbearhugnc on the history of this hotel.

11 Likes

Blush. Why, thank you. Yes, Casso’s Inn was not in Mordecai Park. It was on Fayetteville Street. The cook shed out back (and purported Andrew Johnson birthplace) was later moved to Mordecai Park.

2 Likes

And, somebody must have busted the TBJ. The text was already updated in the article. I believe that the Ministry of Truth (Minitrue if you use Newspeak) must have corrected it.

The past never had been altered. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.

7 Likes

TBJ is reporting Rite-Aid will lease 16,000 feet in Tower 2. Officially their “technology center”

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2022/09/20/rite-aid-raleigh-tech-center-bloc83-lease.html

19 Likes