Branding Raleigh to the World

Raleigh just won another point. As I type this, there is a truck stuck under the bridge.

2 Likes

“Raleigh: It’s Hard to Explain.”

3 Likes

Hard to Explain, see it for yourself!

4 Likes

Holy crap. That actually gives me an idea. Not cream corn but imagine if most restaurants would start using locally grown heritage grains including corn? That would raise Raleigh’s food scene up a notch. Imagine a red cornbread made from heritage Bloody Butcher Dent Corn instead of plain generic dent corn.

Or heritage CREAMED CORN? “Raleigh: Our Creamed Corn is really fancy for some reason.”

5 Likes

“Raleigh Creamed Corn – It’s the Cream of the Crop!”

Can’t you just picture this text set to a 1950’s-themed billboard on the side of a highway somewhere? :smirk:

1 Like

Raleigh, home to North Hills, what a thrill!

2 Likes

Raleigh: It’s The People

This came up during Dix park work group meeting; what makes this area special. My table began mumbling… “Well we don’t have a river, or large hills with vistas, or beautiful ecology…” I chimed in, it’s the people of this area, how they are and what they’re doing, that attract more people. Welcome to Raleigh Y’all

9 Likes

Raleigh: The Southern city where all the Northerners come to live.

2 Likes

I really do like that…

Raleigh: It’s The People….Welcome to Raleigh Y’all! :smiley::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Well, that circles us back to Y’all Means All.

4 Likes

And reddit.com/r/11foot8

Raleigh: refined & undefined

4 Likes

Raleigh: ¯\ (ツ)

(Hmm… This forum doesn’t seem to like underscores)

1 Like

I like this one a lot @Olga

On Twitter last night some writer was talking about how much he liked Philadelphia and he said it was because it had “just enough of everything.” I’d argue that works better for us.

Raleigh: Just Enough of Everything.

4 Likes

I actually like that! Raleigh: Just Enough of Everything!

But then doesn’t that imply that we have just enough urban development in downtown, or just enough transit service as it is? It could conceivably be used to oppose future growth, because we already have “enough” of it.

Raleigh: Jack of all trades, Master of none

3 Likes

Hey, wait a second . . .

jack

I like it, though! :wink:

5 Likes

I consider this a pretty big deal, especially if she wins. The award for Best Chef Southeast, she won in 2014, alone came with plenty of notoriety that positioned Raleigh as a food destination. I know some of you choose to believe we aren’t a food destination, but speak with business travelers and other visitors and they usually do. Just consider the other 4 finalist and their location. (Philadelphia, New Orleans, San Fransisco, Los Gatos/San Jose)

https://www.newsobserver.com/living/article228454654.html

8 Likes