Bring MLB To Raleigh

At 75 years old & good Lord willing in September, being 76, I have never been as excited as now for Raleigh Baseball. For years I thought that Jim Goodman would always keep professional baseball out of Raleigh town, but I don’t anymore. Lou, I completely agree with others on this site, You Are To Be Commented That You Believe Just Like Jimmy Valvano, “ Never Give Up” ! Which Is Awesome! Thank You Lou!

10 Likes

We could take the OAK LAND jerseys, replace the LAND with CITY and save on having to replace the jerseys. Hope someone has pitched that to Dundon as a cost saving measure. :thinking:

8 Likes

hmmmm this sounds like Big Tailoring and Alterations at work

2 Likes

16 Likes

um, Excuse me? :grimacing:

1 Like

both my parents went there. many eye conditions now are fixed that couldnt be years back…and there are only I think now a few multi handicapped on campus and maybe an office on aging? most of this stuff now is in butner anyway. if the site is doable for baseball might be a good spot.

2 Likes

Carmen Cathen and other folks i’m referring too.

Carmen Csthen I was talking about her

Y it’s true black people. Carmen Cathen Octavia Rainey all these victim activists Im black I don’t see myself as a victim, any type of development that proposed they throw a temper tantrum over as a black man it’s like nothing they always complain. That what I’m worried about with MLB the woke activists may show out.

There’s a 300 acre “park” right across the street that could accommodate a MLB stadium. This won’t be popular but I’ve never thought we needed to use all 300 acres for Dix park. Give 100 acres to a potential MLB park and develop around it like they are going to at PNC. A home run!

Only potential issue is traffic in that area on gamedays

2 Likes

Did Park would never be the place honestly.

1 Like

Just a stadium would be one thing. But with the accompanying see of asphalt for parking… No thanks.

1 Like

This is actually my favorite spot if they aren’t going to put it at PNC Arena:

3 Likes

Where is the parking?

Does this Gondola from City Center to Dix really have legs?

1 Like

It’s currently a blank slate. The possibilities are endless. Surround it with surface parking and redevelop the lots piece by piece as it grows into an urban district.

As much legs as MLB does.

This was an interesting read a while back…As this pertains to the MLB (and/or Dix) thread(s), good things take time - some less than others :grin:

"How long does it take to install a gondola ?

Smaller, less complex (~1km) CPT systems can be designed and built in approximately one year’s time. More complicated systems will take up to two years."

6 Likes

None of it has legs. Except the BRT. It’s all great ideas. But mostly pipe dream.

3 Likes

Awesome. The Gondola has a billionaire willing to fund it, a government ready to support it, and an established community group equipped to advocate for it!

9 Likes

Considering it is about 3-4% of the cost of MLB, I’d say sure there is about an equal chance of them happening. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

What city council what the support on there front. Especially since there a city election coming up.