Bring MLB To Raleigh

Didn’t Dundon rule out PNC area for the baseball stadium in the recent announcement?

Next most logical spot is DTS in lieu of the soccer stadium.

4 Likes

This is great news! I bet in the next 48 hours we see a WRAL and Biz Journal article about the Gondola being funded and rolling out in 2026.

2 Likes

His executives said there was no space!

Probably downtown south hopefully he finalizes that decision ins couple months. He then will have plenty of time with negotiating with council. We have plenty of time to get this down before the process even happens.

2 Likes

Let it play out. There isn’t space in the initial 80 acres (development plan) based on TODAY’S renderings.

There will be a fully funded land evaluation process where a bunch of locations are looked at and studied by people who do this for a living.

There are a lot of options you may not be thinking about that will be at least discussed and considered before a decision is made. We have a lot of time and we are way ahead of all of the expansion/relocation hopefuls outside of SLC.

17 Likes

Okay we’ll see I think that the safest bet that location as long as it isn’t on state land because I doubt I’ll go through with that.

Well see I think Downtown South or PNC arena is the best but hopefully we can figure it out before the end of this year or the beginning of next year. I’m still worried about funding the most for it that concern number uno. On my blog I’ll literally have a list of corporate and Raleigh based companies to help y’all explain the corporate aspect of the bid. Raleigh has a lot of companies based here and in Durham than you think we have 3 fortune 500s in our area 2 in Raleigh 1 in Durham and Martin Marietta is steps away from joining.

2 Likes

i dont know if all these rumblings are true or not. i think I saw one of the MLB to 919 posts on facebook and remarked that NC has the 11th largest GDP by statehood in the republic and atl and dc are the closest by proximity-teams as far as alliegance would go. someone replied it is the biggest blackout zone in the nation.

7 Likes

Long-suffering Nats fan here: the MASN blackout on the Nationals and O’s in NC is borderline criminal, considering how far we are from DC and Baltimore. It extends to Charlotte, as well.

3 Likes

I used the measuring tool in google maps. The land of Cary Town Center can fit TWO of the entire Camden Yards Stadium complex in Baltimore in the footprint of the mall/parking lot that’s been demolished. Super close access to interstate 40 which I’m sure could be signalized like the road near PNC for speedy entry/exit to parking. Hmm, I wonder if that’s going to be on the short list to consider?

I prefer a stadium location in downtown South or the PNC arena campus first, but that Cary location is central to the whole triangle. Just saying it’s intriguing…Something to think about. Nothing to have to get rid of that hasn’t already been taken down, either.

5 Likes

Fenton Park vs Fenway Park, will their duels become legend?

3 Likes

downtown south better bro. Who knows what happen to Cary Towne Center.

2 Likes

What are “the Charlotte boards”? I’m originally from there so I’d have interest in checking out what’s going on over there

I think the only logical solution is to go with Raleigh-Durham Bulls as the name /s

2 Likes

Just as an alternative idea that everyone here will hate, the Triangle Town Center mall property is big enough, adjacent to Capital, 401, and 540, and is likely on the future Northern leg of the BRT.

1 Like

I like the Cargil site.
Pros: City of Raleigh owns adjacent properties, Rail directly from Durham, Cary, DTR, Garner, Selma to site + BRT to DTR, + underused I-40 interchange.
Cons: Stadium facing east would have its back to DTR Skyline- can be a chance for innovative design.

16 Likes

Carigll site has to be rezoned

Pretty sure Cargill is getting affordable housing. Been approved by the city of Raleighwood.

3 Likes

I think downtown south is the best spot or PNC.

1 Like

Lol tough crowd extra characters