Business Expansion in the Triangle

McDonalds on Wilmington St. plans on Demo & Rebuilding ! I don’t know the timeline .

2 Likes

End of an era. An old coworker of mine got engaged there. Had a huge elaborate plan ready to go at the theater but he got so nervous he just proposed at the McDonalds as they were walking to the show :joy:

2 Likes

I’m sure that they’ll just plop down their new suburban model there like they did on Peace Street.

2 Likes

can we get a collective “UGH”

1 Like

I’m surprised at that. I thought that that (demo and rebuild) wasn’t allowed in the zoning. How could the new McDonald’s (assuming it looks just like every other one in suburbia) qualify with the new UDO?

CX-4-UL

Urban Limited means:

where parking between the building and street is not allowed

Sad if we can’t even get a 4-story building going here but we can flip to a suburban McDonald’s.

3 Likes

We don’t know that they aren’t building up to the sidewalks do we?

2 Likes

Urban form McDonalds with some McApartments over top?

5 Likes

They will do exactly what was done on Peace Street. They’ll slap a fake front on it that covers part of the drive-thru circulation pattern and deem it to be in compliance. It was a total crock when they did it on Peace, and I’ll bet you that they’ll try it again.

2 Likes

Where’s the source/confirmation?

I would say if possible ! It is a very reliable one !

I’m talking about S . Wilmington St. downtown location .

2 Likes

Here is our “Unicorn” a couple of developers are holding their breath trying to land.

This has been going on behind the scenes a while now, but the news about it broke today.
I know one of the people pictured in the article very well, he’s very excited about this news.
Unfortunately they won’t be sky-scraper shopping anytime soon, they are moving from Seaboard station to this weird building in North hills.

4 Likes

I really like that “Weird” building, it’s not just a box with windows. I really like the arch between them.

4 Likes

As for suburban office buildings, I think this is the one of the best, if not the best in Raleigh IMO.

2 Likes

I read in the 2030 Comprehensive Study that Raleigh would go after Target for their HQ’s relocation to downtown .

3 Likes

@nipper.dwight if that is true, Raleigh would easily win over the Minneapolis winters. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow where is this coming from… Minneapolis does pretty well considering the location and temperature. Target is very established there and draws from a great talent pipeline nearby of MN, WI all the way to Chicago. I wish we could pull it off though

2 Likes

Maybe it said downtown was a “target” for HQ relocations? Or possibly that they would “target” corporate headquarters for relocation to downtown?

6 Likes

We (Raleigh) are a a good “target” location for East Coast HQs. We (Raleigh/Richmond) are practically the center of the I-95 corridor and you can be in either Maine or Miami within a one day drive. I forget where I read that XX% of the US population lives within 50 miles of I-95. I wish I could find that statistic again.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly , Target in the plan was listed with a Capital T ! I think ! There are 624 pages in this plan .