Business Relocation/Economic Expansion

Interesting. That style guide must be old to have Texas after Austin but not El Paso. El Paso was a larger and more recognizable city than Austin until some time in the 90s.
I’d love to see that style guide if you have a link to it, and thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Interestingly, it looks like the lack of Texas after El Paso was an error.

Here’s a list of cities that do not require their state when referenced.

6 Likes

It’s good to be a legacy city (or a major tourist destination).

3 Likes

its darn pretty out there near lewiston.

4 Likes

Don’t be surprised the soy and latte crowd didn’t like your comment.

1 Like

Tough tough titty said the cat to the kitty, lol

As someone who doesn’t drink soy latte’s but is half Ukrainian and half Russian with family in both countries - I don’t agree with his comments. Supporting Ukrainian right to self determination and desire detach from the Russian sphere of influence is simply the right thing to do. I don’t support American atrocities and imperialism and certainly don’t support Russian imperialism either. Assuming that Putin is interested in a diplomatic solution is idiotic and it’s in everyone’s interest (the west) to support Ukraine and stop Putin.

13 Likes

We’re a bit (just a tad) off topic. Let’s bring it back home.

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Show Off Things From Other Cities

A local start up Offline (Raleigh) is crowd sourcing a funding round to expand to more cities. Cool story for a locally grown company that seems to be succeeding. Invest in Offline: A monthly subscription reimagining restaurant discovery | Wefunder, Home of the Community Round

5 Likes

I’m a big fan! @OakCityKarla and I are Offline members with LOW triple digits IDs where their member IDs are coming in over 10,000 now. They’ve been doing great the last few years and survived COVID when most of their perks were really difficult to produce.

7 Likes

Looks like Apple may be close to breaking ground……so says the biz journal

7 Likes

Drone Manufacturer moving HQ from Wichita to Raleigh

11 Likes

Interesting. Wichita is a huge aerospace hub, especially for manufacturing.

The tech and general engineering workforce are so strong here, it must overcome the specific knowledge that industry sector has out there.

2 Likes

Is anyone familier with Precision Hawk?

4 Likes

Hard to take a drone to a beach house in Kansas

1 Like

Pretty sure they have an office in the Creamery building.

Hot and fresh silicon carbide made in NC. Nice to see Cree\Wolfspeed reinvented.

www.industryweek.com/leadership/companies-executives/article/21255073/borgwarner-preps-500m-chip-maker-investment
The parts maker’s cash will secure an annual commitment of silicon carbide chips.

5 Likes

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2023/01/23/deutsche-bank-picks-cary-for-new-business-unit.html

Did DoorDash open an office here or do they have one of these in every City?

Hillsborough Street across from 321 Coffee (great coffee shop BTW!)

2 Likes