4 Likes

Ah…

The “D” similarity threw me

6 Likes

Oh wow that’s, um… nearly the same exact logo :thinking: LMAO

5 Likes

Yikes, that logo screams trademark infringement :grimacing:

1 Like

They’re in a different industry and it’s got that big central bar, so it’s fine from that perspective. Now as to whether it’s good idea to have a logo that’s very similar to a big consumer brand’s… not really.

3 Likes

Nah, that middle line swipes it.

1 Like

Boom Supersonic had their official groundbreaking construction announcement out at the PTI airport today.

18 Likes

Sustainable aviation fuel, whoa… :grin:

I don’t think a logo has to be an exact duplicate to infringe. In this case, it’s the logo mark plus the name itself used together that seems to come dangerously close. I’d guess the bigger company could probably make a case here.

1 Like

Facebook finally announcing move to the region…uh, I mean “Meta”. In less than 24 months the region has landed Apple, Google, & now Meta…AWS rumors continue to swirl. F A __ ___ G. 3/5 opening shops in metro…AWS would close that gap even more…

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article272414863.html

6 Likes

Couldn’t read the article but it appears they - like others - are targeting downtown Durham. Too bad none of this is coming to Raleigh.

1 Like

Here’s a non-paywalled article from WRAL. Meta confirms it is opening office in Durham | WRAL TechWire

Cool that they are doing this. I thought it was likely canceled after all the layoffs last year. I also feel like announcing this so soon after layoffs is a pretty good signal that they really want to be in the area, and there is a good chance the office will grow when/if their business turns around.

6 Likes

Still good for the region…enhances the overall profile. AWS reportedly chose Raleigh for HQ2…at least the decision committee picked Raleigh among ALL of the contenders. Bezos jumped in & wanted ‘big city’…hence NYC & DC ultimately winning out…BUT based on the original criteria Raleigh was selected…these big tech expansions enhance the region for what we’ve been pitching for decades.

Lots of smart, young talent coming out of UNC, NC State, & Duke (+ the smaller schools) each year…& a whole lot cheaper than the Bay area.

11 Likes

Since NYC ended up not going for it and they planned to split between VA & NY, maybe we could get them

Well, Nashville was supposedly also getting a piece of that. They were supposed to build two new towers in downtown Nashville. They built one, but they have paused work on the other, so they are likely not going anywhere else new for a while until they fill up their commitment there.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: General Retail/Restaurant News

More importantly does DTD actually have a real cinema (Draft House)?

2 Likes

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article272524184.html

Fidelity adding 620 new jobs in NC…the vast majority in their RTP location. RTP is becoming one of Fidelity’s largest sites worldwide.

10 Likes

Does anyone know where IQVIA is moving to and why? There is a TBJ article that I can’t read that says they’re moving out of their building overlooking I-40. Thanks!

Says they are consolidating office based employees from this building to already existing location in Durham.

1 Like