Business Relocation/Economic Expansion

Even if they don’t relocate their HQ downtown, at least expanding/upgrading their space downtown is necessary given the proximity to state legislators and other finance/banking groups. From my perspective, 239 Fayetteville St. is too small to serve the bank’s growing size…and I’m not calling for its demolishing.

3 Likes

Nope, ain’t going to happen… :sob:
Spending there/our money :dollar: by building or updating buildings is the last thing there going to do, in DTR I should say! :frowning_face:
NH’s has a lot more space and existing space for buildings to add if needed. The "cheap or cheaper " labor positions are in SE Raleigh and most new purchases and expansions are happening outside of NC where they are currently growing the most. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed: :money_mouth_face: :moneybag: :dollar: :yen:

SVB was ranked 491 back in February & FCB was ranked 601. I can imagine they will be moving into Fortune 500

2 Likes

:wink: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

Novo Nordisk may announce an up to $4B factory expansion in Clayton as early as this spring, having already purchased and rezoned adjacent land (and reassured the world that it’s busy expanding its factories). It’s one of two Wegovy/Ozempic factories in the world.
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2024/02/05/novo-nordisk-north-carolina-ozempic-wegovy-insulin.html

14 Likes

That’s great news. I’m sure that folks living in Johnston Co. will love not having to commute west on 40 for a good job!

3 Likes

Disney just announced a $1.5B stake in Epic Games. Maybe they’ll finally build their campus in Cary now :joy:

13 Likes

More likely move them out of state… FL or CA?

I haven’t seen full details, but this is just a stake. They aren’t buying the whole company. I imagine Tim is still majority owner.

4 Likes

Fortnite theme park to come?

1 Like

Content universe - Disney, Marvel, Star Wars characters…

1 Like

Disney has been under lot of criticism/controversies lately but I think this is great for Epic to raise from another high caliber investor

1 Like

I doubt it. Disney is focusing on NC for some reason now. Might have to do with the political tussle in Florida. Just adds another connection from Disney to this area.

4 Likes

Or… even better…
Disney builds a film studio here. Disney utilizes Epic Games’ technology in a lot of their films & series. The Mandalorian actually does a lot of its filming in Cary at their HQ. They may find a reason to utilize that technology a lot more with their stake in the company and build a whole film studio for it

6 Likes

That be very profitable movies being filmed here, celebrities, will overtake Wilmington. That with MLB to Raleigh we’d be famous!

1 Like
4 Likes

UNC planning a freestanding children’s hospital and thinking big: $2B+, 500+ bed, 4000+ job, and… 200+ acres?!
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2024/02/20/unc-health-childrens-hospital-fundraising-land.html
The state has already written a $300M check and requires it be in the Triangle.

7 Likes

I feel like this post could go in the Blue Ridge Corridor thread, because I speculate it will go in the Blue Ridge Rd area.

1 Like

Wow. Anyone have any ideas as to where 200 acres are available? Sounds like being closer to RDU will be ideal too.

UNC is already planning to build a hospital in the Park (they just bought 50 acres off Hwy 55). It will be smaller than this though, more like the Holly Springs hospital with around 50 or so beds.

1 Like