Capital Square - 320 W. South Street

Guesses on what this is? Trusses for something? New crane attachments? Wrong site delivery?

Edit: I’ll answer my own question. It seems to be a bunch of trusses that have been piled up on the top floor. I wonder how they fit into this, though. I assumed it would be all standard concrete slabs with the little temporary supports underneath until they’re set.

15 Likes

I think that they are part of the flying forms system used in forming the floors for the concrete pours.

8 Likes

They will use those use “trusses” as part of their shoring and forming for the next slab. They will build what they call it “concrete tables” which makes the forming and concrete pouring process faster and this will help cut the schedule by 30%-40%.

16 Likes

Awesome, thanks to both of you! I’m all for seeing this go up faster. They already seem to be on quite the tear!

7 Likes

Third floor framing has already begun, this building makes a serious impact when driving down Dawson st.
I can’t wait for it to begin appearing over the train tracks and see it’s full impact height.

37 Likes

Just a refresher so you don’t need to scroll like you’re spinning the Price is Right wheel.

44 Likes

Very underrated development. I love it

15 Likes

Imagining how cool this will look coming in or out on the Amtrak. Will feel like you are coming into a big downtown with skyscrapers on both sides.

17 Likes

Especially when the RUSbus building is completed!

13 Likes

Still waiting for this bad boy to clear the convention center from my office view.

26 Likes

I’m thinking 12th floor.

2 Likes

Well, probably a lot sooner - the Fairview condo building is only like 6-7 stories and you can see most of them from this view!

5 Likes

Fairview ground floor is probably level with where that building is at now… compared to the self storage beside it - I’d say floor 6-7 is when it’ll really become visible in all directions?

3 Likes

I’m hopeful the 301 W Cabarrus tower gets started sometime this year as both this tower and that one would enhance that effect.

4 Likes

I would be genuinely shocked if that happened, not trying to be a naysayer but I’d temper expectations

1 Like

Not disagreeing with you but trying to be optimistic :joy:

2 Likes

Is that the really cool looking big chunky one?

5 Likes

Nice! I can’t view the article, but I’m guessing this would be on the southwest corner?

2 Likes

Northeast

characters

1 Like