City Gateway - Mira Apartments and more (Gateway Southeast)

A post was merged into an existing topic: NCAE “block” - Salisbury Square

I’m confused, lot 6 will eliminate the exit ramp from MLK to McDowell. Is that on purpose?

Guessing the plan is to add a turn lane on westbound MLK Jr Blvd and add a lane to get to the existing on-ramp that eastbound uses.

7 Likes

So I’m assuming this project is no longer happening or am I wrong here…especially since Exploris is exploring (pun intended) building their own space when I thought they were originally supposed to be part of this?

City Gateway | STEWART (stewartinc.com)

Fine with that. The render makes it appear like some suburban office campus plopped in the middle of downtown. Would love more diversity and more pedestrian connectivity.

4 Likes

Not disagreeing, just confused like some others with all these proposed projects in and around the same parcels of land.

It would help if each of the 3 projects had released a map of what was being built in each phase, and then actually started building. I feel like the biggest issues are that there’s NCAE, this Gateway thing, and the Park City South project that all essentially are outside our downtown grid, nearby each other but separated by a lot of one-way highway-esque roads and loops. And then they keep changing what is proposed. If it’s confusing to us, online armchair experts all, then imagine the general public trying to keep up!

5 Likes

Okay so including Mira, that is six lots accounted for. However, @mike 's map shows 7 lots. Which one is unaccounted for, and what goes there? Is it the one marked Lot 4?

2 Likes

Bored at work…think the city should shoot for something like this. Ideally probably remove the interchange in favor of a traditional intersection but I imagine that would be a tough sell to the NCDOT.

10 Likes

In fact the whole campus could be sidewalk.

1 Like

That, or do the Boston thing like they did with the Massachusetts Turnpike or The Big Dig. Sell the airspace rights over the interchange, build a deck over it, and connect the parcels back to the city.

5 Likes

45 Likes

Interesting how they use a mobile crane only for a 7 story with decent footprint

26 Likes

That seems unusual! I’ve been waiting for a crane to pop up here. I guess we’re not getting one.

2 Likes

Snapped this from Tenth and Terrace yesterday.

27 Likes

Looks like the sticks will be going up next!

2 Likes

Does anybody have a timeline for when this building will be complete? It’s not very tall but it’s position right over MLK Blvd will make it quite prominent in the area I think.

4 Likes

It will definitely stick out in the “Money Shot” coming north on S. Saunders into downtown.

1 Like

The stairwell is prominent in this view.

20 Likes

I received notice today of the Neighborhood Meeting on this project. This meeting is scheduled for March 21 to rezone from R-20 to R-40-CU.

21 Likes