Coffee in Downtown

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, thats great news for that area.

Wow Wake Forest really has more coffee shops/roasting than I ever would have expected (I grew up there…back to 1987). Back Alley is legit too.

At the edge of downtown, in the industrial area of Five Points, is Larry’s Coffee.

Larrys

You can take tours or go in for tastings. Look at how fun this tour was! A great local business.

5 Likes

Love Larry’s, though I haven’t been on a tour yet. It’s around the corner from Neuse River and Nickelpoint as well!

4 Likes

They do tours? When? I live a few blocks away

1 Like

Yes, though I can’t find any definite information about it online. I went there many years ago and, while I was too young to appreciate the operation, I did enjoy the experience. Especially since they provided housing for some local feral cats. :cat2:

I believe they’ll give you a tour if you call. I think they used to do a big bi-annual tour but that stopped a few years ago. It’s a fascinating place and always highly recommend the tour if you get the chance.

1 Like

New tenant in the coffee spot in Poyner YMCA. Cheeni : Indian coffee, tea, and pastries. Looks like they’re run by the people who do Sugar and Spice catering. I think they just moved in this week.

5 Likes

https://www.sugarandspicekit.com/cheeni-raleigh.html

2 Likes

Looks like my smoothie bar concept has been ignored again, but I really hope something sticks in that spot.

3 Likes

Getting a waffle and coffee at Benelux this morning and was in line next to MAB. Talked myself out of interrupting her morning. I love what a small town big city Raleigh is sometimes. I’ve bumped into all 3 of the mayors since I’ve lived here, and Bev Purdue.

11 Likes

Plates Kitchen is working hard on opening a coffee shop/full service cafe when they reopen. Details coming soon.

15 Likes

Yes yes yes!!! Such a lack of morning places in GlenSo!

3 Likes

Also this is a great atmosphere for a coffee place.

5 Likes

I agree. I would love a good coffee place there.

2 Likes

Hasn’t been the same since Helios closed up. Devolve might have worked but coffee was never the primary focus…might have been better as two separate, dedicated spots. Anyway, Plates is a well run place and I bet they come up with something that works and is true to their approach to things.

2 Likes

Devolve was only interested in serving coffee to their friends and the cool people. Lord knows that I tried to drink coffee there, only to be ignored.

1 Like

And why dedicate space to just dinner? Rent is basically the same either way, they have great outdoor space, and a good location. We have too many single-function buildings in this country but that’s for another day.

3 Likes

Hi, just now discovering this thread. Haven’t seen anyone mention this yet, but did y’all know Longleaf Hotel has a coffee bar that’s open to the public? They serve Counter Culture. Haven’t tried anything but drip yet (which is going to taste the same at every CC shop), but I figured it was worth noting.

5 Likes