Dorothea Dix Park

“Hey there, so we uhhhh actually know WTF we’re talking about, care to listen to our knowledge and experience? Or would you prefer to keep GOVERNING with your feelings?”

Black goes on these wild self-reassuring rants about a lot of nonsense on why she can’t get on board with 90% of all projects unless they include massive concessions on Twitter or that development needs to be stalled because of flood concerns (now that includes worries about 200 year floods or something like that).

Pretty sure being that obvious about including affordable housing will be grounds for state intervention if a developer is really determined to cry foul. Note that California has severe NIMBYism throughout the state and now the state has stepped in an allowed people to apply for something called “Builder’s Remedy” which takes away rezoning and development approval rights from the local government to allow multi-family housing development to move forward in single family areas.

4 Likes

Then there is this from Nextdoor

1 Like

I’m sure people have seen this:

Stephen Curry affordable housing controversy, explained: NBA star expresses privacy concern | Sporting News

2 Likes

In other words, “Us NIMBYs aren’t alone!”

2 Likes

What if I brought up a proposal to gather all NIMBYs and put them all in a pit in one specific person’s backyard, and they objected; would they be a “NIMBY NIMBY”???

1 Like

And then light the pit on fire?
:fire:

3 Likes

I think everyone should relax, there’s a new council elected so of course the new members want their due diligence. Plus there’s already developments moving ground nearby as we speak (with a crane!).

Just get the ground moving on the land bridge over Western and I won’t be frothing at the mouth any time there’s 10+ updates on this thread

5 Likes

Not sure if this was posted already. Construction cam for Gipson Park & Play
https://www.dixparkconservancy.org/gipson-play-plaza

8 Likes

I feel like this is one of the more under the radar projects happening right now. Excited for it.

6 Likes

Yeah me too… particularly excited to uhhh … play on it lmao. I hope they don’t put an age limit :rofl:

2 Likes

These images look nice:

29 Likes

I’d only I searched my own bookmarks for these kinds of things, I’d know the cam was posted 8 days ago. :joy::man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

That does look nice, except I think Wednesday Addams is definitely burning lunch.

And the “Public Bathrooms” are certainly a trap. I think some sort of dungeon?

But, the House of Many Porches… Great name!
:joy:

6 Likes

4 Likes

This project wasn’t really on my radar but this looks very exciting! Is there a date they’ve said they expect it to open?

I got the gasoline lol :fuelpump::fuelpump::fuelpump::fuelpump::fuelpump::fuelpump:.

Summer of 2024 is what I’ve seen as the opening date for Gipson Play Plaza.

7 Likes

Summer 2024… hmm, my youngest will be 8 then. Still a good few years left to enjoy it. I’m glad that this and the new downtown Cary park will be coming online before my family ages out of playgrounds entirely!

7 Likes

I think it’s gonna be ages 0 - @Jake. Plenty of time

4 Likes