Dorothea Dix Park

Dreamville festival just announced their 2023 lineup. Some big names on this list including Drake, so expect the crowds to be even bigger than last year. All of these artist I would enjoy hearing except GloRilla, when hear songs come on XM radio I want to jump out the window.

21 Likes

Whoa, I was just listening to Burna Boy. That’s a hell of a lineup.

4 Likes

I’ve heard of Usher and Drake, and J Cole sounds vaguely familiar. Don’t think I know any of their songs though. If anyone needs me, I’ll be over here in my rocking chair listening to my phonographs…

5 Likes

Wow, nice upgrade from my cylinders!!

3 Likes

Can you all speak louder please?

Wow this lineup is legit! This lineup will have an international draw. J. Cole putting Raleigh on the map with his festival.

15 Likes

Once he makes his billions putting Raleigh and his festival on the global map, maybe he’ll want to own a sports team as well? :wink:

6 Likes

He’s a big basketball fan… Often goes and plays at UNC, State, and Duke.

2 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hammell Drive Mixed-Use, Lake Wheeler Road

I actually kind of like it. I always appreciate twin towers for a city and they can make for an iconic staple.

1 Like

It appears that the Dix Edge Area Study was approved by the city council today, per RaleighForward on Twitter.

14 Likes

Believe the only amendment was removing the Urban corridor from Fayetteville St.

1 Like

I’ll take it. The guidance provided by the rest of the study is a huge deal.

2 Likes

Let’s see how the rezoning goes tonight with the huge block of properties around Baker / Maywood…

3 Likes

Active Dix for Earth Day festival!

18 Likes

Noticed this box was finally being wrapped yesterday! Coming down the hill on Lake Wheeler with Dix on your left (and all the work being done at the Play Plaza), and all this development activity on the right really excites me for the future of this area.

EDIT: Wrong box. I thought this was the Kane apartment building off Lake Wheeler, didn’t even notice the thread this was in :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Different area, but similar type of box! lol

Oh OOPS! Haha I didn’t even notice which thread this was in, just saw a big box and remembered that I noticed construction on either side of the one on Lake Wheeler. @dtraleigh maybe my comment should be moved to the Dix Park Adjacent thread :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You can always delete your post

Well then how else would everyone know I’m a big dummy???