Dorothea Dix Park

Run for Love 5k this morning.

25 Likes

That’s a Gucci sandwich filled with some OakCity.

3 Likes

Mmm oak city meatballs…

Btw that’s next door to the Darby for our next meetup. Just throwing that out there.

2 Likes

From 15 minutes ago.

6 Likes

That’s cheating! Now you have to come on Thursday…

I’ll need a speedy :rocket: from the airport at 5p.
:star: :star: :star:

Also to get this back on topic, did the Run For Love at Dix this morning. Love that resource so close to our city center!

11 Likes

5 stars yo…

I’ll come get you if you actually want. But I’m bringing you straight to the meetup. #dylandelivery

5 Likes

Love the black shirt with Raleigh in colors!

5 Likes

Per the Triangle Business Journal, we have a new deveolpment slated for the park. $700M Raleigh development advances with 20-story towers, new apartments, restaurants near Dix Park. Link is here: https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2023/06/05/raleigh-development-the-weld-dix-park-sli-capital.html Also on abc11: 20-story towers will rise near Dix Park as part of $700 million project - ABC11 Raleigh-Durham

7 Likes

Current state of the Gipson Play Plaza construction

23 Likes

Coming along nicely. If things contiune along at this pace the entire park will be amazing a few years down the road.

2 Likes

Current from Florida? Your drone has an amazing range

I was thinking the exact same thing. LOL>

1 Like

36 Likes

I knew that @atl_transplant getting a drone was going to produce some awesome stuff :sunglasses:

16 Likes

V.Cool perspective on the sunflower ‘phenomenon’ and quite the tick list today.
Nice shots. Cheers - thanks!

5 Likes

When construction is complete, the Gatekeeper’s Cottage will become a Dix Park Welcome Center with an outdoor classroom. The Gatekeeper’s Cottage is probably the most exciting for the public, in that we’re going to have a digital exhibit of the history and the present and the future of the park,” Cowell said. “It’ll be a very technology-forward, thoughtful look at an introduction to the park.” The Superintendent’s House will become offices for the Dix Park Conservancy, and the Physician’s House will serve as a community center. https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/wake-county-news/historic-stone-houses-restoration-dorothea-dix-park-on-track-wrap-up-early-2024/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=socialflow&fbclid=IwAR2PPc_4xp3gvWhw8Awz_SxEnGA4zeHofC0qCFC7kqoU_z0IsQkBKcI0zdo

19 Likes

My hope is that once the Dix amphitheater is built, the NC orchestra and other orchestras will host free concerts there during the summer months.

These are pictures from the last free Landmark Orchestra concert on the Charles Esplanade in Boston:

18 Likes

Below a link to the architectural firm’s plan for the site. If all plans come to fruition it will be one of the most beautiful parks in the country.

Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates Inc | Dorothea Dix Park Master Plan (mvvainc.com)

12 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed them and the Carolina Ballet at the NCMA Amphitheater and Koka Booth. I’d hope they can mix in a free show at Dix with that outdoor schedule.

1 Like