Downtown hotels

Literally just saw this too! Good news maybe, or maybe just more evidence of the owners trying to get the max property value with a rezoning during the Council of Yes for a much later development. Still not bad to have many properties in the core of downtown rezoned to up to 40 stories.

11 Likes

This is very exciting! I just hope it’s not a real estate play and not for actual development. Can you imagine a 40 story(ish) building on this high point of town?
:star_struck:

(ASL check shows this is actually a few feet lower than the PNC block but only by a few feet)

5 Likes

We need a proposed projects map on here! Haha isn’t there also some 20 story proposals on the other side of Nash Square and over toward Harrington street? Futures looking great for this part of downtown!

2 Likes

There is one somewhere…

2 Likes

Map maker map maker make me a map, find me a find, hatch me a map…
Map maker map maker look through your book and make me a perfect map!
:musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note:

9 Likes

RDU Development Maps Found it

6 Likes

A 9 story hotel would probably be around the same height as a 6 story office building. Yipppeeeee

2 Likes

There’s a neighborhood meeting for this rezone request on Tuesday, June 29 at 5p. I plan to attend and will share any interesting info presented. If you’re interested in joining PM me.

9 Likes

Surveying is underway today at the site next to the L Building. Not sure if that means anything other than ‘there are surveyors’…but the guys were actually on the inside of the fence so I have to believe it is related to the site and not some random street survey.

12 Likes

Hopefully it means they are further refining their design and need to locate certain features of the site with respect to their building design

5 Likes

Sorry, the “L Building”?

The “L” Apartments are on the left in this street view and I believe the property in reference is the corner immediately across Davie on the right (buildings demolished since this street view image).

7 Likes

Backhoe, port-a-potty, and at least one person on site (Davie/McDowell) this morning - fingers crossed

10 Likes

Grabbed these earlier…

17 Likes

Should I be cautiously optimistic? I don’t want to put myself out there again, only to be hurt once more. :grimacing:

12 Likes

Drove by today and saw a sign saying BankOZK is providing financing. That seems like a fairly major step to take unless the project is finally about to get out of the ground?

5 Likes

That’s been there for a while

1 Like

Ah, hadn’t ever noticed it before. Oh well.

Good Morning everyone, I hope all is well!

Here’s a list of hotels brands I hope to see in or near downtown:

1. Hilton Curio Collection (near Dix)
  2. JW Marriott (Duke Energy Center lot)
  3. Westin (Anywhere)
  4. Hyatt Place (Village District)
  5. Wyndham (Anywhere)
12 Likes

I wonder when AirBnB will begin a development division and announce an Airbnb brand high rise.

Edit: they already did

4 Likes