Downtown hotels

I believe so, but is that imminent domain and that project/land goes away??

Probably won’t happen but maybe it’ll literally plow through haha as in basically tunnel through the first couple floors of the hotel.

1 Like

Like how Disney World has the monorail go right through the Contemporary Resort.

8 Likes

And two monorails at that.

1 Like

Isn’t that then just… rails?

3 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Hotel at McDowell/Davie - Hilton Garden Inn & Homewood Suites

Looks like NY money just bought the Holiday Inn. Did they buy the vacant lot next to it?

“ The site is split across a pair of parcels, one holding the hotel and another made up of a surface parking lot. The hotel also sits next to the Fallon Company’s newly-built 301 Hillsborough Tower.”

Not exactly clear in the article

2 Likes

Tidal Real Estate out of NY a developer who is active in Nashville as well bought

• “1.5 acres at 108 and 112 Stronachs Alley and 521 and 529 S. Wilmington St” with rezoning in progress for 20 acres
  • Holiday Inn site

This is potentially really exciting. Here their Nashville activities:

3 Likes

They’re excited about the trajectory of the Moore Square District? Are they planning a third downtown project because their two sites in downtown are nowhere near Moore Square.

1 Like

It would only make sense- there is a gravel surface lot immediately next to the Hair Curler, along Dawson

That Stronachs Alley/S Wilmington site they bought is reasonably close.

So much happening I can’t keep them straight. Isn’t the S Wilmington one where they’re building the hotel / apartment combo?

1 Like

That’s the one in the huge surface lot behind Lincoln Theatre

2 Likes

Imaps shows both the hotel and lot are owned by Hillsborough Owner LLC, with an address of 520 W 27th Street, NY, NY, was deeded the property November 3. I’m more curious about the lot. I don’t think they’d knock down the hotel so the most they can do is probably improve the facade

1 Like

Do you mean the Acorn/Marriott? That’s 415 S. Blount through to Person St.

1 Like

Yes. Not sure why I was thinking it was this lot

They’re on catty-corner blocks from each other - easy mistake!

1 Like

I’ve heard murmurings of a Kimpton going in at 300 Hillsborough - assumedly in the parking lot right next to the circular Holiday Inn or could be the reason for the recent ownership transition of the HI :thinking:. There might be a mix up in the stated address, but just throwing it out into the ether here…and also curious if that rumor is circulating??

Feel free to merge with other relevant threads, just hadn’t seen a related topic yet.

26 Likes

A Kimpton would be a huge win for Raleigh. Rumor or not, I’m pulling for it to happen. Thanks for the post!

5 Likes