Downtown hotels

Your comment prompted me to go see the rendering. I agree that it’s hideous.

1 Like

Looks like there’s a public hearing for the hotel going up where the Baptist building is.

11 Likes

This isn’t exactly a hotel, but a friend was asking for recommendations and asked about this place. Anyone know of it?

THE STORE
719 Devereux St, Raleigh, NC 27605
(919) 749-8658
https://goo.gl/maps/wa8V9qwyKwpJsBM27

5 Likes

No insights to offer, but I’ve always wondered what was going on with that building. Thanks for letting me know I could look inside!

So cool. We actually have a nice collection of historic homes/businesses turned boutique hotel. Guest House, the gorgeous italianate Boylan Bridge house that’s currently being renovated…what others are there DTR?

My wife and I recently stayed in the Wherehouse Art Hotel in Winston and it was absolutely one of a kind.

5 Likes

Great shots, cool sculptures - but after running my own Airbnb, all I can think of is what a cleaning nightmare~!

This is a lot better than tan stucco.

https://achotels.marriott.com/hotels/ac-hotel-spartanburg

6 Likes

One of the partners that used to live there tragically died a few years ago when he fell off a ladder doing some work. That building has received quite a bit of press in recent years.

Wow! I’d like to stay there.

1 Like

You should! And it’s right downtown. Paired with a little hanging rock hiking or yadkin valley vineyard, Winston makes for a great weekend. https://www.wherehousearthotel.com/

5 Likes

When looking up this hotel on the map, I couldn’t help but notice that downtown Winston also has a Kimpton hotel.
Do better, Raleigh!

2 Likes

So is this a renovation or new build? It sure looks like a reno.
What great public spaces!

Ten years old. I’m staying there after Christmas.

1 Like

That’s (relatively) new construction? Wow!

That’s pretty awesome for a new build.
Why one would spend part of their holidays, voluntarily in Sparkleburg is beyond me. I hope its family! :thinking: :sunglasses:

This is a new build going up in Huntsville AL which is seeing major development and about to become the 2nd largest city in the state. Its certainly the most dynamic city in the state. Its not as nice as the one in Spartanburg, but not bad.

There are 6 new hotels around the convention center in H’ville built, underconstruction or planned. Here is the story if any of y’all are interested.

10 Likes

603 S Wilmington Hotel will be a HOME 2 & TRU HOTEL. Someone feel free to create a new thread for this parking diaper wrapped hotel but maybe wait until construction date is set.

Latest renders.

McDonald’s one story store has a bigger foot print. Let that sink in.

17 Likes

At least it’s better than an old surface lot.

13 Likes

Nice design, but it seems like wasted space to build an above-ground parking deck then the Hotel, Would it be better to build an underground parking deck and add more hotel rooms to make it between 10 or 20 stories tall? :hotel: but that is just me talking, how would I know. But DTR needs at least ONE good high rise hotel that will stand out. a Hyatt or Raddison or even a Westin in Downtown Raleigh.

5 Likes

I’m no engineer, but underground parking in our heavy clay soils are very expensive to build. Like creeping up on twice as much per parking spot. From what I understand, a parking deck in North Carolina cost about $35,000 per parking spot to build above ground, and up to $60,000 per parking spot underground. Those are just numbers I have heard batted around so don’t challenge them :).

6 Likes