Election Day, Nov 3, 2020

Pete Buttigieg will be holding a Raleigh rally Sunday morning. All we know now is doors will open at 8:30 AM. Location to be determined. I hope it will be Union Station. I will notify the community when the location is revealed.

1 Like

Yeah… I’m going to go ahead and keep my political leanings separate from this forum.

2 Likes

Too late…ha ha, you just did…Lol :wink:

2 Likes

I actually am curious about any and all campaign stops by candidates before the primary. Mostly locations. It’s interesting to see where in the state they would choose, and if campaigns view Raleigh as a more or less important stop than Charlotte. I’m sure most will hit both, but we’ll see.

2 Likes

Really bummed out I’m going to miss this event, but West Virginia is getting a foot of snow this weekend :v:

2 Likes

Thanks but no thanks lmao

3 Likes

I think that I’ve heard before that Raleigh was one of the most politically engaged cities in the country. Despite being smaller in population that Mecklenburg, Wake had both the largest number of votes for Hillary and for Trump in the state. It would seem to me that candidates will be making their way to Raleigh since it’s the biggest pot of potential votes in the purplest of purple states in the nation.

4 Likes

Wow, Wake is truly purple! :purple_heart:

I thought Wake County was bigger than Mecklenburg now, at least unofficially?

2 Likes

If anyone is interested in early voting I found there’s no better place than the NC State student center early on a Saturday morning. There’s only one Saturday left in the primary season but for the general this is a good thing to remember especially if you’re an early riser. For some reason the college kids aren’t getting up to vote early on a Saturday morning.

3 Likes

So, it looks like Biden will be at Emery Gym at St. Augs on Saturday.
Amy Klobuchar will be at The Fairview event space on Thursday.

2 Likes

Well, Wake was clearly more blue than purple, it’s just that there were so many votes coming out of Wake that it had the distinction of having the most votes for both candidates.
Hillary: 298,353
Trump: 193,607
Wake outvoted Mecklenburg by over 49,000 votes, despite being slightly less populated.

5 Likes

It probably is now, but it wasn’t in 2016.

I’m still trying to make up my mind, honestly. I like several of the remaining candidates for different reasons, so I keep hoping something will be clarified somehow before Tuesday… LOL! I’ve never been in this position before.

3 Likes

Pete’s Raleigh rally has been rescheduled to Saturday night! Doors open at 7PM. Location TBD. Come, listen & decide.

1 Like

Broughton Gym is the location for Pete, Saturday night 7PM.

That why Raleigh should have The Republican or Democratic Convention in Raleigh.

All I have to say is I’m not a fan of Pete

Fingers crossed NC can demonstrate in real terms why it is the better Carolina on Tuesday.

I will be casting my vote for Sanders to contribute to that.

2 Likes

I think I’m gonna have to do the same. I’m a fan of Warren and Buttigieg and Bernie, but the other 2 don’t have a chance at this point. Biden can barely string sentences together at this point, and a creepy old billionaire Republican (Bloomberg) is not what Democrats need. I voted for Bernie last primary, maybe this time it’ll work.

(I respect everyone on here, and I’m not going to argue politics with anyone. Just stating my own thoughts in this one post.)

4 Likes