Fayetteville Street Developments and Vitality

I know your not knocking him or anything and greg Hatem has made some decisions. I didn’t like about two local election cycle ago but I have to give him some props because he was one of the first developers to take a chance on Downtown Raleigh back in the day, so hopefully he’s ready to play with the big boys and build something tall, striking and grand.

4 Likes

My guess is he’d only renovate the building - he’s most known for fixing up and preserving old buildings in the city, and I actually really appreciate him for that.

5 Likes

Prep work is progressing.

9 Likes

But what are they doooooooooing?!?!?!?

1 Like

Hopefully tearing it down :joy:

5 Likes

Don’t joke about that. This is a prime location for another parking lot.

10 Likes
1 Like

More windows??? Hopefully…

3 Likes

More specifically now, my source suggests this is to bring the top 3 floors to a presentable state for leasing out. Unsure what exterior work is being done, maybe just HVAC on the roof associated to those floors.

1 Like

I like that building. 5 milllion not enough to make any substantive changes

1 Like

Very little external change.

6 Likes

Too bad… this building needs a LOT of external change lol

3 Likes

I completely agree with you. I’m trying to remember what was on that NH site before the toadstool, but I remember liking it better than the current building. I also agree with you about their proposed tower downtown with its “Greek ruins” (sans pediment) penthouse.

1 Like

“I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way.”
― Carl Sandburg

9 Likes

Would have picked windows that had blacked out frames.

3 Likes

Surely that is some sort of temporary cover or primer…

Weren’t those the windows that have been there the whole time? What are they actually doing to this building?? haha

1 Like

It definitely appears so. Zoomed in, the windows do not look new. The scaffolding looks like just a protected tunnel for pedestrians. I’d guess whatever exterior work is being done is very minor in scope, but with a timeline long enough to go with a tunnel instead of just closing off the sidewalk. It maybe something along the lines of minor repair work to the facade, or perhaps tearing out old doors and replacing with new to match the previous. Someone should just stop by and ask one of the workers what they are doing.

Looks like a little work going on.

11 Likes

That lot would be a great place to put a skinny, modern, and tall building maybe 30-35 stories. Either like the tallest building in Durham or a small version of one of the skinny skyscrapers in NYC.