Fayetteville Street Developments and Vitality

Which lot :question:

I will venture to guess, are you referring to the lot just north of Lucettegrace?

1 Like

Yes just the concrete and brick building on the corner.

That’s one of the few historic buildings left, I would choose another parking lot over anything of historical importance.

Wait, I thought @Jacobirving1 was talking about this lot.

1 Like

He mentioned the corner, but maybe?

I was talking about the building on the end of the block, the 12 story one.

We should keep that building as it is one of the oldest remaining buildings in DTR. There are plenty of other lots for the project you are talking about.

4 Likes

Maybe the building could be refaced and rebricked :joy: to look like it once did when it was new and a modern building could be attached to it where the cafe and parking lot are.

Something like this

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be too upset about the modern building next to it, but the old wear of it gives it the old charm that would not have been present had it been new.

3 Likes

From the pic that kicked it all off, it appears they are doing exterior work - re-pointing the masonry, cleaning the brick, weatherproofing!

2 Likes

16 posts were split to a new topic: General News Thread

5 Likes

209 Fayetteville getting some facade work done. Looks like it’s been stripped down completely.

14 Likes

Awesome! That buildings exterior is awful…screams late 70’s early 80’s and I’ve personally never liked it

Wonder what the original building exterior looked like (and maybe will return).

1 Like

New windows maybe???

7 Likes

Don’t get too excited. Mostly interior changes for leasing purposes. Maybe windows for energy efficiency.

3 Likes

or maybe windows because it’s an awful building, otherwise?

4 Likes

I can’t defend the building. It’s ugly.

3 Likes

It’s so bad, that it’s actually pretty good in my opinion. Just all around awkward in every way, from the architecture to the scale, and is a small reason why Fayetteville is so appealing. There is no prevailing style, building scale or construction era along the stretch.

6 Likes