Five Points, East End Market, & Raleigh Iron Works

It’s within reasonable walking distance for so I’ll check it out for sure.

So apparently Bowstring does ticketed live shows. Had no idea… Had to park over by East End Cider for 6 bucks an hour, which was a little annoying. But the show was amazing. Saw Tim Reynolds, who many people know from his 30 year collaborations with Dave Matthews. He’s such a quiet, humble, kind, weird dude. But he’s one of the most amazing guitar players I’ve ever seen, and it was truly magical to see him show his stuff with his band instead of in the shadow of DMB. Kudos to Bowstring for getting them to start their tour there. It was pretty surreal to be there at such a seemingly random location.

19 Likes

East End Cider has paid parking? Kind of surprising. The Loading Dock next door doesn’t charge for parking. I didn’t know they did live shows. I’ll have to see what the lineup is.

The whole lot over by East End is paid parking now. They’ve done some work to double the parking from just the one row that stretches the length of the building to two rows; the second row in front of the previous and is right up against the construction fencing for the to be developed plot. Fortunately, if you’re a patron of any of the businesses for that lot (East End Bistrot, East Bower Cider, etc.) you can have your parking validated.

I saw Tim Reynolds once at my university - all the frat bros were yelling at him to “play Dave Matthews!” He got pissed and ended his set early.

2 Likes

LOL I can imagine. I also expect that was quite some time ago because I assume you’re very old. It was very nice to see the crowd was very much there for him, his band, and his music.

Also, to clarify to @wanderer’s post: The music venue was part of Bowstring. I parked at the East End’s extra parking due to lack of parking at Bowstring, and as my penguin counterpart mentioned, it’s free to East End customers through parking validation.

2 Likes

What the hell!?!? How old do you think I am???

lmao dude! I was working doors! I got there around 6:40 though so it looks like y’all had claimed your spot well before I arrived. Was definitely cool they had him there.

1 Like

Aw shit, no way! Yeah we got there around 6. We both must’ve passed you to go to the restrooms inside. I was wearing my Radiohead Ral E shirt just for you, and Kim had the colorful hair as usual. :wink:

@Phil I don’t know, like my age? LOL!

I’m 39 and I still look fantastic fyi.

3 Likes

Well thank goodness. Just turned 41 a few weeks ago. My youthful good looks have gone to shit. That big 4-0 last year did me in. Horrifying…

I drink a fuck ton of beer, It will catch up to me sooner or later.

1 Like

I was wearing the “I Am Kenough” multi-colored hoodie from Mattel Creations, as seen worn by Ryan Gosling in the Summer hit, Barbie.

2 Likes

Not to worry @GucciLittlePig is dyslexic and thought you were 93. :rofl:
:kissing_heart:@ :gucci: :pig2:

1 Like

Me and my buddies ride down to the Fayetteville location fairly often. Love Mac’s but I’m also kind of skeptical about it making it in this location…

If your paint job is the same color as painter’s tape, you don’t actually have to remove the tape at the end. Follow me for more home improvement tips.

11 Likes

The painting continues.

29 Likes

East End Market district ready to expand the adaptive reuse to the warehouse building on the other side of Whitaker Mill by Atlas Stark / SLI Capital. Big space - around 16,000 sf interior space and around 3,500 sf across two patio areas.

30 Likes

Great for the area. Now they just need to get the construction going in the pit next door

9 Likes

Excellent. Now we just need that big stalled site next to it to come back to life (probably with a more residential focus).

2 Likes