Five Points, East End Market, & Raleigh Iron Works

No

Can we get rid of the character limits? I’m more of a one word pithy response kind of guy.

1 Like

I stand in solidarity with you. IPAs disgust me. Everyone tells me “You’d like THIS IPA though! It’s not like the other IPAs.” then I reluctantly try and heyyyy whaddya know, this also tastes like cat piss!

7 Likes

I think you should tell them, “THIS ALSO TASTES LIKE CAT PISS!”

I like Big Boss Harvest Time. I swear when they first released it they said “Ale brewed with spices” and nowhere did you find “pumpkin” on the label but it’s now officially a Pumpkin Ale. One of my favories.

And seems they’ve redesigned their logo/bottles/cans.

11 Likes

Hey man, “PUMPKIN” SELLS!!!

I’m with you. I can’t stand IPAs.

4 Likes

I love IPAs, but get the hate. Very strong flavor puts it in the love/hate camp. It’s the cilantro of beers. I really hope Raleigh does step up its brewery game. Its not terrible, but I’d honestly put it as 6th best brewery city in the state.

1. Asheville (duh)
  2. Charlotte
  3. Wilmington
  4. Winston-Salem
  5. Greensboro
  6. Raleigh

I’m sure that list will get some disagreement, but would love to get some more options that at least make us a no brainer in the top 3.

5 Likes

Interesting concept. Raleigh is definitely topping out at 3rd place at best. We do have quantity, but we don’t have a real can’t-miss brewery.

I might say 5th, but that’s mostly bc I’ve never been to Gboro or had a beer from there.

Would one put Durham over Raleigh? It’s close!

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Downtown & ITB Beers

Looks like the first commercial tenants are moving in next month. Apparently there’s an ‘adult’ swing set somewhere out there to go along with the slide too.

3 Likes

Very exciting! The slide has been mentioned above a couple of times.

1 Like

Yep I know all about the slide but don’t think I heard of a swing going in there. None of his slides seem to capture what looks like a swing, unless I’m blind.

1 Like

I, too, saw no swings… interesting though!!!

1 Like

I think this is the set of swings that they’re mentioning.

5 Likes

Oh, how ADULT!!!

1 Like

Is that adult swing or swinger sets? I thought I saw an upside down pine apple.

Adult swing? I’m not gonna ask.

I probably missed this somewhere in this thread but are there any updates as to what is going in the black building at 1609 Old Louisburg Road?

2 Likes

Martial arts studio if I recall correctly.

Yep. “Indoor Recreation” (Martial Arts / Health Club)

3 Likes

gotcha! I had seen that above but I didn’t know if there was any information about who exactly the tenant was going to be.