FNB Tower (Charter Square)

@OakCityDylan
Great pictures! Thank you!
If you’re serious about other shots downtown, then would you consider maybe a series? It would be awesome for downtown and a first for Raleigh to start an archive of “older” Raleigh via drones?

1 Like

I’d love to participate in such a project. I’m probably not the best to determine which buildings, but I’m definitely interested in helping with the aerial shots.

4 Likes

There goes the pool foundation.

4 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: State of Downtown Raleigh (DRA Report)

Was DT this afternoon on my way Home and took this Pic, the weather sucked today.

7 Likes

Thanks Maverick333 for this picture ! This is my favorite project !

You are welcome nipper.dwight…I will be glad when they finish the Building.

11 Likes

Great to see the residential floors going up! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

1 Like

Now that they have finished the transition from commercial to residential space I imagine the remainder of the building will go up fairly quickly

1 Like

Great photos! Thank you!

It appears to me that they are working on the 13/14th floor?

1 Like

Photo from the top of the Duke Energy building. The crane will definitely get taller.

13 Likes

I believe they’re onto the 12th level (from Fayetteville) now:

11 Likes

@Christopher
Great pictures, my thanks!

2 Likes

These photos are the perfect example of why you cannot do 20 floors of commercial space under the 250 ft limit in the UDO. Just look how much larger the slab2slab distance is on the commercial floors than the residential ones.

1 Like

Likely could be done if it’s not cast in place.
Build with steel.

This message brought to you by steel.

Still not likely. If floors were evenly distributed, and if one attributed just 10 feet for the roof assembly, roof top services and parapet wall, that would leave each floor to floor distance of just 12 feet. Typical office spaces have 10 ft ceilings and a plenum above for mechanical, electrical, network, etc. Cramming all of that into a space of less than 2 ft isn’t going to cut it. Never mind that a first floor lobby/retail floor is likely to have a higher ceiling. if one did build a 20 floor office building all-in at 250 ft., it sure wouldn’t be a desirable building because something would have to give, and I suspect that would be ceiling height.

2 Likes

what’s up with the white building on top of the BoA building? I thought that was temporary during construction but that ended over a year ago.

Utility Penthouse, most buildings have one. It shields certain things from the elements, and can store some attic stock.

2 Likes

It’s too bad that they didn’t choose to make that more of a crown in conjunction with shielding rooftop services.