FNB Tower (Charter Square)

Windows climbing higher…

14 Likes

Unless I was told false information the building is 287’.

1 Like

At this point all that matters is how tall and pretty the parapet will be. I hope they light that sucker up at night.

6 Likes

Doesn’t FNB have naming rights for the building? So wouldn’t there logo be somewhere near the top as well?

3 Likes

I totally agree! :grin:
I have to say that I am really liking all of the neon color coming off of these buildings. :star_struck:
And although it is not in DTR, one of my favorites is the new wing of Rex Hospital on Blue Ridge rd…

5 Likes

Hire some local neon talent to do the work, too.

5 Likes

I can see that from my neighborhood. First I saw it I was like, OMG what is that?!

Hoping One Glenwood as started a new trend of colorful LED lights on new buildings. Maybe PNC started it actually…

2 Likes

Progress 1 is 274 for reference, and it appears to be slightly taller.

Wasn’t their logo present on the building in renderings?

From Thursday:

10 Likes

Anybody found any marketing info on the residential stuff yet? I am curious about the pricing. I imagine it’d be higher than even Dillion, but those are already super high for this area.

1 Like

I’d assume somewhere between the Skyhouse and PNC price range.

Picture taken about an hour ago…

12 Likes

Well. PNC is condos so those rents are mostly set by individuals. But I hear ya…glass high rise price…just wondering if that crested $3/ft2 yet. Dillon is hanging right at 2.5 and Skyhouse ranges from 2.3/2.6 for the smallest ones.

24 Likes

Nice one, wormdog! Looks like this was taken from the Shaw campus.
Most of the money shots miss out on Skyhouse. These north-west facing angles are really cool…

2 Likes

Here’s the webcam URL…

6 Likes

I’d be surprised if it did. Durham’s rents seem to be in line with Raleigh these days, and if the One City Center 1 bdrms are anything to go off of ($1725 for 630 sf), these could hit the 2.7/sf range.

lol and my family wonders why I will not move back to Raleigh, my house is costing around .25 a sq for taxes, insurance, and all.

2 Likes

I also can’t afford to move back to Raleigh. I am not sure where you are @scotchman but I am here in Alabama, and lets just say I’ve had bar bills bigger than my property tax bill more often then I’d care to admit.

1 Like