FNB Tower (Charter Square)

For those of us not in the 'wood, have they started the crown of this building yet? I truly do appreciate all the photos y’all post of this building and all of downtown. Thank You.

1 Like

I think they have, it is just going very slowly.

2 Likes

https://cameras-cam.cdn.weatherbug.net/RLGSH/2019/04/19/041920190804_l.jpg

https://www.weatherbug.com/weather-camera/?cam=RLGSH

6 Likes

Oh right, the Shaw weather cam! I will remember this. Thanks y’all!

My Guess is that the Crown (enclosure of rooftop machinery) will be one of the last things to be built.

3 Likes

24 Likes

@OakCityDylan
Awesome pictures! Thank you!

3 Likes

Do we know the final height I have seen so many different heights floated. On the initial plans the height was 316 is that still true?

3 Likes

Woa! Awesome! First shots of the pool and great zoom ins of the final form.
It’s doesn’t look like it’s higher than PNC1. I guess they’ll tack some material to put an foot higher off that center area that maybe hits 22 stories.

3 Likes

Welcome Speck To A Great Site !

4 Likes

I’ll admit that I wondered for a moment if you might be Jeff Speck. Welcome to the Community!

4 Likes

Some additional shots from this evening.

16 Likes

The north facing apartments that look into the BofA building are going to be really dark. Not only do they look into a a building, they do so on the north side.

3 Likes

It’s been one year since groundbreaking of FNB! Can’t wait to see what it looks like in another year!

3 Likes

1557433845370%5B1%5D took this pic while I was in downtown on Friday afternoon. Looks like they are putting on what looks like marble blocks.

8 Likes

It looks wider and less tall than I expected

11 Likes

Nice outdoor space here on the 9th or 10th floor.

13 Likes

glad that everyone is getting a good laugh. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Maverick333, nice picture away. Did you get a new camera? Picture seems less foggy than the other pictures you posted

4 Likes

I have to say, I really like the glass and spandrel glass skin of this building!