Food Halls and Grocery Stores in downtown Raleigh

Have they done much marketing before this point?

1 Like

damn, I thought I’d seen a listing before… Was it taken down and just relisted? They say it’s newly listed.

I’ve seen it on loopnet on and off for awhile. They might need to accept that whoever buys the land might not be as excited about building someone else’s plans and they might want to build their own idea - so they probably don’t want to pay a premium for ~ permit-ready building plans ~

1 Like

For that sort of money for a site that small, whatever happens here has to be pretty substantial.

1 Like

Yea, that’s the case. The buyer I had mentioned about purchasing it several months ago just backed out at the 11th hour for some of these reasons. No coincidence it was just listed, but probably for the better, this guy had no intentions of building that General store concept.

3 Likes

Zoned IX-3-UL so likely someone will want to go up to 3 floors here and also fill out the maximum massing here.

Or try for a rezoning to go to 5 floors. Clutch the pearls!

1 Like

That was also part of the problem. The residents of the Ware were already fighting that proposal.

1 Like

Hold up… is “The Ware” those townhomes that were built as part of this development… which was planned from the jump to include this multi-story auxiliary building?

1 Like

To rezone to more than 5 floors, they were told it would be a 3 story general store. Not 200 apartments

2 Likes

Maybe the site would be perfect for a drive-thru fast food joint? :wink:

1 Like

1 Like

What a buncha :nut_and_bolt: :carousel_horse:…/ views and traffic, oh my…

2 Likes

My former townhome at the Ware looked out directly at this site. Luckily I had an unobstructed view. Anything over 3 stories would have blocked it. The new owners just both happen to be attorneys. Good luck building anything over 3 there.

1 Like