General Feedback and Site Announcements

Thanks. It’s a nice little coding project for me that I come back to and tinker with as I learn more. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I have an suggestion. @dtraleigh Can you please delete or block members who are continuously belligerent and purposely attacking certain racial or social groups over differing opinions. This has happened countless times and nothing has been done. There should be a 3 strike system or something in place. It would be great, thanks.

Edit: I hope you consider this as a problem.

@dtraleigh Long overdue

First steps would be to use the Ignore feature. If a user isn’t working for you, just ignore them out of your online experience. Next, there’s the flagging feature. This would bring posts to my attention more easily for moderation.

We’ve certainly grown to a point where I can’t be everywhere, reading everything that’s posted so help me out. I’m not seeing that many flags in the last few weeks. Yes, some folks are obnoxious but it’s no reason I just start issuing bans.

Can we move this to DM? Would like to know specifics.

12 Likes

Thank you again for understanding my concern.

1 Like

Just wanted to say thanks for the new :gucci: emoji, Leo @dtraleigh. It’s probably my new favorite reaction on here.

9 Likes

Mine too!

gucci:pig:

5 Likes

Who is @GucciBigPig? I’m familiar with :gucci: :pig2:

2 Likes

I think that the Gucci logo needs to be gold.

2 Likes

Rose gold…

gold pressed latinum…or nothing! :rofl:

1 Like

Hey wow! This Community is four years old today!

It’s time for the yearly ask, seriously I only do this once a year. :moneybag:

Some of you have been here since the beginning and I thank you for all your contributions, both your time, responses, and financial support. We’ve grown in users and there’s a lot going on in Raleigh. I absolutely love all the photos and civil conversations. It’s so much fun, even if I myself just read rather than post on most days.

I know the world is getting more expensive as we’re going through record inflation but guess what? Running this forum is actually getting cheaper as I continue to learn more tech and find ways to slim down my costs. My tech kung fu is strong these days!!

With that, I’ll just ask if you can consider donating a couple of bucks, the highest single-digit amount that you think is fair. I accept Venmo (@dtraleigh) and I’ve always had the Paypal page set up.

I really appreciate it and hope to see folks at the next meetup. :smile:

21 Likes

This isn’t worth its own thread, but it is definitely worth its own post. :joy:

Do I get a cake from Leo or what?

2 Likes

There are 644 Anniversary badges handed out so far but in your case, let me be clear…

11 Likes

Lmao I knew it!
(I left the 600+ count in my pic to show how special I am.)

1 Like

I’m just realizing I can not only bookmark (I knew that), but when you bookmark, you can give it a description, then you can very easily search your bookmarks for that description. For instance, you want to know when ASRs are posted for various projects. Bookmark that post, type ASR in the description, then when you go to your profile, click on the bookmark label and pull that page up, you can easily search ASR to pull that bookmark up.

13 Likes

Making some back end changes that should not affect emails for this site. However, if people stop getting emails, let me know.

7 Likes

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone! I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable time.

As a frequent user and contributor to this forum I’d like to share some feedback I’ve been getting from other members, both active contributors and passive readers. Some fairly important to the city that generally love the conversations and information assembled here.

The overwhelming feedback lately is that the forum has become increasingly and probably unnecessarily negative. Not every comment in the forum is going to be puppies and rainbows, but more and more some comments are rather pointless and have no value except to be negative.

I’m not excluding myself in this observation as I expect I can go back to my own posts over time and find comments that were :grumpy_cat: and not constructive.

And I expect some members will continue to be negative as that may be more of their nature. To each their own. My point of this post is to ask those that care about this city and this forum to think about what you’re posting and commenting and try to be constructive and not unnecessarily negative.

While I expect Leo (@dtraleigh) might support this message, I only speak for myself and hope this message finds most of you supportive.

Back to the show!

41 Likes

Happy Birthday to @John !!! Hope you have a pleasant and dry(ish) day!!

13 Likes

Happy 21st Birthday John! :grinning:

7 Likes