General Feedback and Site Announcements

The max upload size is 4MB. I imagine I need to increase that every now and then as our phones have higher and higher megapixels and some people seem to like taking 4K images. I thought the site actually still takes the image in but applies compression to get it below 4 megs. If you don’t mind, can you check if any of your images are larger than that? I may experiment some and see if bumping it a little higher makes things better.

1 Like

That may be it! The pics seem to average between 2 and 3 MB each which would make sense why it let’s me do them one at a time.

1 Like

Yes please! I think even a wide angle pic exceeds the max limit based on size. Forget trying to upload a panorama but sometimes I’ll link to the iCloud version for a pano. Only issue there is that the link may not last forever.

Alright. I doubled it to 8MB so let’s see how things go. Storage has been very cheap lately so I think I can splurge a bit. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

This is probably up to whatever forum software you’re using but is there any way to make the :heart: button trigger on pointerup instead of pointerdown events? Scrolling on mobile has me accidentally liking posts all the time because it triggers as soon as I put my finger down instead of when I lift it up.

2 Likes

I take it your on mobile? Yeah, it’s just how the software works. The behavior is set to hit the heart when you tap (click on desktop). But if you hold it on mobile (hover on desktop) you should see a few more reactions to choose from.

1 Like

While we’re talking about the mobile experience, does anyone else have issues seeing reactions to posts? On desktop it works fine but the pop up is hidden when I use mobile:

6 Likes

Yes, Leo told me it’s a known issue. Unfortunately it’s basically a bug with the software used for this site, but the reaction feature is obsolete and unsupported so won’t get updated. The only option is to get rid of the reactions altogether, but we like them too much.

1 Like

Yup. Technically that reaction feature isn’t maintained and that’s an issue there as a result of that. We either keep it as is or don’t use it at all.

(or someone more tech savvy than me wants to try and fix it)

3 Likes

I’m a web dev so maybe I’ll go upstream and fix it for them. It’s so annoying! :stuck_out_tongue:

I see an update available. I’m going to run updates Sunday morning and this issue might be fixed after that.

3 Likes

This has been done and I see it working for me. However, it wasn’t every post and if it’s still broken then it’s back to investigating, @grant. :sob:

2 Likes

Oops. Nevermind. Still broke.

Well the “like” reactions moved over to the right now…

Genuinely, the move solves my issue just fine. I’m left handed and my left thumb no longer has much of a chance of hitting the like button.

Edit: also it doesn’t seem to accidentally trigger on touch down anymore, so I think we’re good.

2 Likes

Friendly Friday reminder about this site’s Mute and Ignore feature. If someone just isn’t working for you, you can limit their presence a bit. Go to their profile page and click the “Normal” dropdown button on the right hand side, and you can choose to either to mute them (no notifications) or ignore them. (all their forum content is hidden)

Happy discoursing.

4 Likes

::debates whether to ignore or mute Leo::
:thinking:

I just ran a report and I’m not muted or ignored yet. :pray:

Ooh can we see the top 10 ignore list?

5 Likes

I’m sure I’m up there somewhere.

1 Like