General Parking Discussion

I was wondering the same. I’d have expected peak times to be F-Sat evenings; wonder what the occupancy is like then.

I’m not in Raleigh nearly as often as I used to be a decade ago, but back then I’d definitely encounter a few evenings where I didn’t find a spot until the top level or two of the deck. Still, we’ve got more than enough parking.

Having walked through those parking decks on F-Sat, they are almost dead empty. Anyone that complains about parking on the weekends being difficult is not aware of the existence of the parking decks.

4 Likes

That’s so drastically different than what I remember from my college years, wow.

Does anyone know if the state has any plans whatsoever to build something on this enormous block-sized surface parking lot on the corner of Wilmington/Jones?

Or, likewise, the other one next to it on Person St. which is just as bad.

1 Like

The History Museum expansion will develop the adjacent block in Phase 2, supposedly. First phase will just be a renovation of the existing building I think.

6 Likes

Isnt this where the Gov’s reception rooms are going as well?

1 Like

when i enter a city i am unfamiliar with I always look for a parking deck to park for desired foot or bike travel.