General Retail/Restaurant News

Never knew about the proposed Somerville location. That makes more sense

Reading back, Somerville was supposed to be first and they built Stoughton as an insurance policy. Problem is Boston is a market big enough for two locations and it is a major pain for anyone from points north to go to Stoughton.

Looks like they’re setting up some outdoor seating here. Maybe they can tie it in with the little patio they had to the side of the building. In any case, I’m glad another street parking spot will be reclaimed for seating.

20 Likes

Last week on South Street for Boulted before the move over to their new space at Dupont Circle. :tada:

8 Likes

From my inbox.

Thursday, April 27 - 11 a.m.
Crane work will be happening at The Dillon at the site of the forthcoming La Terrazza (https://laterrazzaraleigh.com/) project! This is a very visible part of the construction process and we invite you to drop by for still shots or b-roll photography.

16 Likes

Did something bad happen in there? Why’s it all taped off??

1 Like

Hmmm, I definitely assumed it was to mark out the footprint of an outdoor seating pad, but now I see that the tape actually blocks off the sidewalk and not any of the road. I sure hope it’s just to do with construction to redo the space. A week before this, I walked by and saw that nothing substantial had been done to change it from how Short Walk had it.

1 Like

18 Likes

Two bars and an outdoor patio, this should be pretty popular, can’t wait.

18 Likes

“now accepting job applications and dinner reservations for 2025”

1 Like

15 Likes

Going back to grand opening. Looking forward to dining out here!

23 Likes

Went to a pop-up dinner last week at Junction West for the new Taco Bamba restaurant opening up by the Whole Foods on Wade Ave. Really good food, interesting things, nice people. Seemed like a great turnout. Here’s some updates on their new space for anyone interested.

23 Likes

Old Boulted Bread location on S Street

New location on Dupont

35 Likes

Fox Liquor Bar has announced on Instagram that they’ll be reopening on May 19:

17 Likes

Have they not reopened since Covid? I’m sure Ashley used the down time for small renovations like mentioned in the Instagram post, but that’s a long time to remain closed.

Not to my knowledge. I figured it’d be the last AC spot to reopen, but I didn’t expect it to take three years.

1 Like

I guess AC restaurants can afford to have limited hours at all restaurants, pay their staff well, buy quality food ingredients, and float a closed DT bar space for 3 years while remaining profitable?

1 Like
11 Likes

What a nice tribute to Ashley’s father. The space is going to feel a lot more personal with all those tribute artifacts that represent him.

7 Likes