General Retail/Restaurant News

I mean it’s already got brand equity. Works for me. They could have signs posted at the borders leading into it that say “No non-alcoholic beverages beyond this point” so people get the idea and the understand the expectation. LOL

Must blow above legal limit, otherwise straight to jail.

London Bridge Pub filed for bankruptcy

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2023/06/15/london-bridge-pub-in-raleigh-files-for-bankruptcy.html

That’s what happens when you support Charlotte FC in Raleigh. /s

Great spot to watch a soccer game, but kind of grimy and run down for other occasions. Never quite nailed that homey pub vibe.

2 Likes

Notably they mention they plan to continue operating as normal, just restructuring their debt.

12 Likes

Just saw on Triangle Food Blog that Gym Taco is opening in Morgan Street Food Hall next week. Also Manhattan Cafe downtown is opening a second location in RTP.

10 Likes

Anisette is closing :cry:

Instagram post

1 Like

I wonder if they got hurt by Bright Spot opening up

idk if it’s that - they are supposedly working on the new Cheetie/Garland concept “Ajja” with her, so perhaps this is just part of the whole plan (???)

2 Likes

Maybe. Honestly closing a great restaurant in a great location to open up that dessert place or whatever in a worse location seemed like a dumb move. I wish her well on her next project, but if it’s not downtown (or well located) and not a restaurant, I doubt I’ll be by. I’m still bitter about Garland closing if you couldn’t tell. Lol

7 Likes

The new restaurant, Ajja, will begin serving customers Mediterranean and Middle Eastern-inspired dishes this Thursday. The restaurant’s main seating is outdoors on a covered patio with bar inside. A backyard with 2nd bar, a large fire pit with seating with the tops of Downtown Raleigh’s towers just visible on the horizon. Small stage in backyard for live music.

10 Likes

This. Also I think the location is great. Incredible views from that back patio. Not sure why it has taken so long for someone to figure this out.

3 Likes

It will probably be much more relaxed on her end to run. And it sounds really nice, if less special than Garland.

1 Like

This menu also looks better than garland.

1 Like

Free parking always a must .

1 Like

It’s a restaurant, and the menu sounds great.

@Jake that was my thought too; very confused by this announcement. I could’ve sworn I just read a few days ago that Anisette would continue to operate out of the Ajja space, and the bakery would change over to restaurant in the evenings.

1 Like

Interesting menu for sure. This team photo lools like an album cover from 1968, lol.

8 Likes

I can’t tell if you are trolling, too lazy to find free parking, or are seriously too cheap to pay a couple bucks for a spot. The world doesn’t owe you free parking. Give it a rest.

4 Likes

No such thing as free parking. It’s added to the cost of doing business. Taxes for state-owned lots.

2 Likes