Glenwood South Restaurant/Bar Renovations

@OakCityDylan so have you heard any addition information? If this is true… then that is very exciting. But I don’t want to get my hopes up. Also I guess it depends on what they put in there.

Ideally I would love to see a beautiful, high-end, boutique hotel… with a Crawford and/or Christensen restaurant at the bottom of it. Oh, and a nice cafe for coffee :grin:

1 Like

Word of mouth. I’m not going to get my hopes up until I see something concrete.

1 Like

A project there that wiped out that post-grad frat scene would be a game changer for Glenwood South’s personality.
That said, I am not interested in every parcel along Glenwood South being maximized because I think that variety brings charm to the neighborhood.

6 Likes

“Lady Luck” reported to be opening March 2020 looks like it could be a nice addition to Glenwood South. :crossed_fingers:t2:

6 Likes

Instagram profile if you’re interested. No posts yet.
https://instagram.com/ladylucknc?igshid=e1rkj1aacows

Also, where is this space??

1 Like

It’s the space at the bottom of 222 Glenwood on the corner of Lane St. (across from Tim Roof).
The location hasn’t had the most success in the past, so lets hope they can activate that corner more. The other corner (Tin roof) has been an immediate success, for better or for worse.

4 Likes

Looks way better and more interesting than what has been in there. Hopefully its successful.

1 Like

Ah, most recently Saigon (actually liked that joint) and then an Indian flavor restaurant. Gotcha and thanks!

222 is a perfect example of why design matters. There’s practically nothing engaging at the sidewalk experience level in the base building, especially at that corner. Those pathetic “do nothing” awnings only mask the lack of place making there.

8 Likes

Agreed. My gut reaction was “ugh.” I’ve seen ugly or unappealing places do ok, but it is always a struggle. Design does indeed matter.

2 Likes

And I really hope they take out that horrible ATM. It is soooo bright!

1 Like

Anyone have any idea what’s going on at the prior Black Flower on Peace St. Behind Mo Joes? Black Flower is closed and there seems to be activity.

2 Likes

They seemed to be gutting it a few weeks ago when I walked by. I was curious too, but forgot about it

Dan Lovenheim owns both the former Black Flower and the adjacent Flash House. I expect he will combine the places similar to what he did with Cornerstone.

1 Like

Could that be related to the parcel between beer garden and mo joes? (Adjacent to black flower property) It also has his construction company signage on

Yes. Dan also owns the former Feel Goodz building/lot, so I believe he may be combining all three spaces.

1 Like

Looking at these parcels from the back, I think you are right.

Maybe he moves his Cornerstone empire over there and sells of the Glenwood land for redevelopment? One can dream.

2 Likes

I hope not. I just realized how close this is to me.

4 Likes

Not to worry. The noise will be contained by the beer garden noise. All good. Nothing to see here! :wink:

1 Like