ITB New Home Builds

Three story single wides!

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Raleigh In The News around the country/world

A Matsumoto house is planned to be saved from a Country Club Hills’ redevelopment. It’s going to land in SW Raleigh, still technically ITB.

10 Likes

Saw the first (that I have seen) Triplex that I think the missing middle changes have allowed. Not affordable but they are ~30% cheaper than the other new builds for sale around them. The duplexes near me are not selling fast at their initial price tags so I am interested to see where these end up.

10 Likes

I just noticed recently that with all development plans listed in this dataset, the city has added a new field called “missing_middle”. Take a look and see if you can find it there and others.

4 Likes

Oh this is cool! It is checked yes. Any ideas on how pull all parcels with YES in this field?

Actually, the date on their submittal may be from before missing middle was enacted.

There is a duplex that was built and is on the market near me that does not show up on this development map at all.

I don’t see any of the 5 or so new duplexes near me on this map. Maybe they are going back and coding older items?

My guess is that when you add a new field to a dataset, they either decide to just fill it in going forward or also retroactively add the field to previous developments. I think the former is typical than the latter.

A couple new home project updates, it appears the Cottages on Idlewild will begin construction in May of this year, with 18 new affordable cottage homes.

Raleigh sold property for $1. Here’s what the affordable homes will cost - Triangle Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

Then 4 new townhomes in 2 buildings are coming to 702 Bragg St.

11 Likes

I walked by that lot yesterday and was wondering to myself when that was going to start! Thanks for the update.

2 Likes

“Hayes Barton homeowners ordered to pay $28,000 to townhouse developer for legal fees” :moneybag:

https://x.com/raleigh_forward/status/1783974334362493432?s=46

They should’ve been ordered to pay the $50,000 for their selfishness.

8 Likes

Are you 100% certain this is accurate?

This actually makes sense in that the developer brings the plans in accordance with allowable development but the buck stops with the City for what is enacted and thus those projects brought forth by the development community. BUT WOW to have to pay legal fees. Yikes on that one. I guess that was meant to send a message to be careful with who you sue. Unless you have deep pockets that is.

1 Like

Well, that’s interesting. Only real posts I’ve made about Raleigh were tweets being upset about the bike lanes being blocked.

3 Likes

That doesn’t sound too forward to me.

2 Likes